PDA

View Full Version : B Resort versus All Stars Music- please help me decide!

samanthastanky
02-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Hello! I am currently booked at two resorts, and I would like everyone's opinion to help me decide. I am driving myself insane trying to figure out what to do! After all these years, I finally am doing a solo trip to Disney. I have a conference February at Sea World, so I am flying down a few days early to to WDW for three nights on my own.

Currently I have three nights booked at B Resort (one of the Good Neighbor resorts by Disney Springs). I got a very good deal on it during their Cyber Monday special. They do a shuttle to MK that leaves 45 minutes before the park opens. They also have shuttles that run through the day.

For months I have been refreshing the WDW site to see if anything was available in my price range. All Stars Music finally came up today! The total stay is only about $80 more than the B Resort. I stayed there when it first opened, and do like the idea of staying on site.

My conundrum is around transportation and the condition of ASMu. I don't know the B Resort enough to "trust" their shuttle system. I am the sort of park goer that likes to get to rope drop early, and stay as late as possible. That could possibly mean several uber rides to and from throughout my stay. I checked their price estimator, and any savings that I would have from staying at B would go away with the fares. And... there is also the small matter of having a few too many at The Festival of the Arts, and then having to wait for a bus that am not familiar with, or getting in an uber in that condition. Not that I am going to be falling down, but I have to be smart.

All Star Music buses can be insane, but if it's just me it could be easier. Also, from what I have read lately ASMu has seen better days.

Please help! I am currently in the time frame where I can cancel either one without penalty. I want to be sure I am making an informed and rational decision. Thanks Intercotters!!! :mickey:

Pooh Fan
02-01-2018, 04:05 PM
I would think that if your transportation costs are going to eat up any savings that you were going to have from staying off site that I would definitely stay on property. I did a solo trip to All Star Music in 2014 and thought it was great. Condition was OK but that was a few years ago now. My biggest concern with the Value's is room size and the small beds but as a solo that was not a problem.
Just my 2 cents!!

cer
02-01-2018, 04:38 PM
If it were me, I would stay on property.

That being said, I have never stayed off property. (Well, except for that one time and it was long ago- so long ago that I don't even remember what it was like).

texas211
02-01-2018, 07:40 PM
I guess you have to ask, what is the crazy asm buses vs cost worth to you. Me, I'd always choose offsite and better (if I felt that was it) then the ASM craziness. But I didn't particularly enjoy my time at ASM.

Either way, you'll probably have fun.

Cinderelley
02-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Are you a "hotel snob" or just need a place to plop your head at night? If you are at the park from dawn til dusk, I would think ASMu would be fine unless you are really picky about your hotels. I was at ASSp a couple of years ago. At first I didn't like it, but it eventually grew on me.

mydisneygirls
02-02-2018, 10:30 AM
I see you're from Mass (GO PATS!!!). I'm going to PM you an agent I use. She got me a really good price on hotel for my March trip. Just email her your dates and what hotel. If she has anything available, she'll let you know.

sorcerer fan
02-02-2018, 11:41 AM
talk to MJ they will find the BEST rates for you! Magical Journeys is the only way to go!

azcavalier
02-06-2018, 10:04 AM
I've stayed in both. I would suggest staying at All Star Music. First off, Disney themed. Right there, that's a bonus. The B Resort felt modern-dated. Does that make sense? Like, it was all "modern" when it was built, but now feels dated and in need of a refresh. Although, the shower was *huge*.

Your All Star Music rooms will be smaller than the B hotel rooms. But being on-property is worth it, I think.

magicofdisney
02-06-2018, 11:27 AM
You should check online reviews for the reliability of their transportation.