PDA

View Full Version : race bib question

emfleck
01-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to get your race bib the morning of the 5k? We have someone in our group who doesn't get into Orlando until Thursday evening after the expo is over.

cer
01-24-2018, 03:37 PM
I'd email or call runDisney. It seems that there was a way in the past for someone to pick a bib for another runner. I think that maybe you would need a copy of their ID, possibly.

Definitely check with them.

emfleck
01-24-2018, 04:06 PM
Thanks. I just sent them an email. I'm reading everywhere that only the runner can pick up their bib and must have their id. Hopefully I'll hear back soon. I would think that they would have a few out of town runners not being able to attend the expo especially for the 5k since it is the first run so hopefully she can get hers that morning. It would be a shame for her to not be able to run due to this.

magicofdisney
01-25-2018, 10:49 AM
I've read that bibs are not given out the day of the race. I'd be interested to see what information they give you regarding this.

emfleck
01-25-2018, 11:07 AM
I did read on the Mom's Panel that they will allow you to pick up your bib on the morning of the race but they don't advertise it. Hopefully this is true. I'll post what Rundisney tells me. They are slow to answer emails.

emfleck
02-01-2018, 10:56 AM
I thought I'd post an update. I emailed rundisney and I was pleasantly surprised that instead of just responding via email, I got a telephone call from them. I was told that there is an emergency bib pick up the morning of the run. You just need to go to the information booth (I think that is what she called it) with your signed waiver and ID.