PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Red in motion with the cabin doors open

Speedy1998
01-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Anyone see the video on Youtube with the Monorail red in motion with the door open. It looked like they were on the Epcot loop too. The guest in the car were trying to get a cast members attentions as the train pulled into the TTC station, to tell them the door was open for most of the ride. Suddenly that slow ferry ride doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

buzznwoodysmom
01-09-2018, 04:44 PM
I saw the video! All I can say is good thing this wasn't during a busy time when every cabin is crammed tight with kids in strollers and people pushed up against the doors like I have seen many times. The outcome could have been devastating.

I am just repeating what I have read, no idea if this is all factual. From reports I have read around the web, it seems maintenance was done on that door in the station before the train left. Apparently the door wouldn't close and it took around 10 minutes to get it shut and for the all clear to be given for the train to leave the station. Its reported that the door opened along a slight bend in the track.

This coupled with the reports of pieces seen falling off a monorail a few months back......... It is far past time for Disney to invest some serious $$ into this system.

Speedy1998
01-10-2018, 12:24 PM
This coupled with the reports of pieces seen falling off a monorail a few months back......... It is far past time for Disney to invest some serious $$ into this system.

I saw a video of that too. A big chunk fell into the Epcot parking lot. The guest that reported it to CMs said they were on the other side of the beam when the pieces fell. That too could have been a devastating outcome if the guest had been closer, or it had been a different part of the day when more people were leaving or entering the park. Personally, I think it is time for them to replace the fleet. I think this fleet has been in service longer than the original fleet from 71.

Maybe if we are lucky the Monorail system will get a major update, after the new gondola system is up and running.