PDA

View Full Version : Final Curtains for The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable at Epcot?

Figment!
01-04-2018, 11:45 PM
Although there appears to be some conflicting specificity on the exact closure date, it appears that The Land pavilion's Lion King attraction is in the midst of its final run.

Current Operational Calendars appear to show an indefinite closure of the attraction after March 31, 2018, however; Cast reports have indicated an even earlier February 3, 2018 final day of operation.

After the fabled film ends its 22.5 year run, the space is expected to be removed from Daily Public Operation and be come a new theater space for the Disney Performing Arts program. It is not clear if the intention is for this space to be a private area for the program or if occasional performances will be presented to the park-going public.

Cinderelley
01-05-2018, 03:31 AM
I am so happy to hear this. I watched this once. I cried through the whole thing and have never gone back.

njespers
01-05-2018, 06:16 AM
I am so happy to hear this. I watched this once. I cried through the whole thing and have never gone back.

I agree. I’ve seen it a few times and always thought that the story line was contrived and unbalanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Can't say that I'm upset about this. I think we've seen it twice ... it may have only been once ...

magicofdisney
01-05-2018, 11:13 AM
I only use it anymore to cool down on a hot day or wait for my FP time. I do like the music, however.

Simba's Mom
01-05-2018, 12:40 PM
I loved the Lion King movie, and I especially love Pumba and Timon so I'll be sad to see it go.

faline
01-05-2018, 04:20 PM
After not stopping in for this in quite some time, we saw it not too long ago. I didn't realize it had been around that long, though. I think it may have run its course.

Figment!
01-07-2018, 05:40 PM
The Operational Calendars have been updated to reflect a final day of operation on February 3, 2018 for The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable as reported by Epcot Cast.

Speedy1998
01-08-2018, 12:36 PM
My reaction when I first saw this was "That show still exists?!?!?" So I can't say that I am upset to see it go. I think I only ever saw it once.

1DisneyNut
01-08-2018, 01:30 PM
We saw it a time or two and never liked it. It was basically an environmentalist pitch. I can live without agendas being shoved down my throat while on vacation. It has been years since we watched it last and it suits me just fine that it is finally being canned.

texas211
01-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Bye.

njespers
01-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Bye.

. . . and good riddance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Giggy
01-14-2018, 04:43 PM
To be honest I enjoyed it, maybe just because it had been around a long time (since my first visit) and it was something left in Epcot with a useful message, I guess it could be argued that after 20+ years it was due an update though.

I would hope they find ways for the land pavillion to keep a strong environmental message, to lose that would be a shame and another sign of Epcot losing what makes it Epcot. :(