PDA

View Full Version : Must Haves

Tink1
01-02-2018, 11:08 AM
What are your must have items in the parks? Mine is a cell phone charger, chapstick and my waterbottle holder (I HATE sweaty water bottles)

How about you?

Nanc

John
01-02-2018, 11:58 AM
1) Cell phone w/ Juice Pack - meaning battery
2) Hat - gotta shade the noggin
3) Comfy shoes - preferably HOKA's
4) A bit of cash in case the magic band thingy isn't working
5) Headset - in case I want to create my own soundtrack in the parks

AgentC
01-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Mine varies a little if it is a just me visit or if I have the kids with me.

I always have my phone, two cell phone chargers, two chapsticks, advil, band aids, mints and a little makeup no matter who is going.

Yungbuck73
01-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Water bottles. Also a nice little water bottle holder. I just got a really cool one from a cool
Little company called Magical Journeys
Always pack ponchos
Cell phone charger or 2 with Multiple wires Incase one breaks.
Antibacterial hand spray and wipes.
Sunblock
A hat also when it’s blazing hot.
Chapstick and Vick’s is also good to have.

AgentC
01-02-2018, 12:08 PM
John's list reminded me that I always have sunglasses. I do not go anywhere without them. I should add a hat to my routine too. :)

jennsky
01-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Okay, here's my list:

1. My backpack - it's my purse on the go....not to mention I become my family's pack mule
2. A lanyard - which was for carrying fastpasses, park tickets, etc, but I suppose the magic bands have replaced all of those at WDW. I still use it at Disneyland though.
3. Cell Phone Charger
4. Sunscreen
5. Money
6. Sunglasses
7. Comfy shoes (especially love my Teva's - Buttercup will laugh at me, but I could climb a mountain in those things! Lol!)

Figment!
01-02-2018, 12:17 PM
My Pocket Sized Travel Umbrella
My cool Magical Journeys Camel Back-Back Pack
Extra Bonine
Sunscreen

PopPhan
01-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Sunglasses
Ibuprophen (if my back acts up)
Cash (just in case)
Chase Disney Visa card (for their special photo ops and 'souvenir' shopping)
Charging block w/cable (Samsung Fast Charge Portable Battery Pack 5100 mAH -- I have 2, just in case)
AP card

One-time-use poncho (if the weather calls for it)

Kairi_7378
01-02-2018, 09:21 PM
Sunblock
Hat and sunglasses
Camera
Water bottle
Sneakers and Balega socks
Backpack

mom2morgan
01-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Great ideas above! I also always carry moleskin or something to deal with blisters, and a glasses case with some wipes (so I can put them away on wild rides, or dry them after water - because I'm blind as a bat without them!)

Speedy1998
01-04-2018, 12:19 PM
The only must haves are Comfortable shoes and clothes on my back.

I am at Disney, everything else I can live without, if I have to.

#1donaldfan
01-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Sunglasses, magic band, cash and FP's ....

magicofdisney
01-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Hat and sunglasses! I'm a fanatic about keeping the sun out of my eyes.

Although I've always wanted to be one of those people that can enter the park without a bag, it'll never happen. I've at least reduced the size of bag I need since my kids are older.

Things in my bag...
-phone
-sunglass holder
-cash/credit card
-lip ointment
-nail file :blush:
-motrin
-poncho (90% of the time)

Attached to my bag...
-magic band disc holder
-carabiner
-water bottle

SodaPopMGK
01-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Wow, I wish I could just run and go with just my magicband but I always have asthma inhaler and Epi-pen along with a bunch of various meds such as sudafed, benadryl, advil. Also, license, credit card, cash, purell, bandaids and moleskin. I am able to get it into a small bag, my kids call me Mary Poppins because I always seem to have what everyone else needs.

Goes4FastPass
01-08-2018, 02:37 PM
my list is short
1.My genuine everything else is wrong Tilley Hat (we keep a backup in our room)
2, Cell Phone
2. magic band
3. tiny wallet for walking around cash and Chase Disney card and DLic as an ID.

Tink1
01-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Wow, I wish I could just run and go with just my magicband but I always have asthma inhaler and Epi-pen along with a bunch of various meds such as sudafed, benadryl, advil. Also, license, credit card, cash, purell, bandaids and moleskin. I am able to get it into a small bag, my kids call me Mary Poppins because I always seem to have what everyone else needs.

I usually have the "mom' bag everywhere else. When I am at conferences and seminars people lilke to sit next to me since I always have licorice and altoids to share :secret:

Nanc

Giggy
01-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Until our last visit I kept it very simple: hat, sunglasses, water, some money. I never used to take my cellphone, partly because it's a UK phone so would cost a lot of money to send phone calls or texts, partly because I had no real use for it when on vacation. In the 2010 trip when I was 20 I left it in the car at Manchester Airport as I saw no need to take it!

In my most recent visit I took my phone as it was useful to have access to the WDW App, double checking fastpasses and directions and booking extra fastpasses or changing fastpass times when we were running late - aided by the free Wifi! I try to avoid over-using my phone when in WDW though - in some ways I quite liked the simplicity of earlier visits where it was just us and a park map! I guess it was useful though if we had split up for any reason (such as Mum not doing a few rides) to then meet up afterwards.

Other than that we carry one backpack between us with water and a few snacks to mid-morning so we can wait a little later in the day before getting a meal, plus plenty of sun block!

Isabella
01-16-2018, 06:34 PM
We don't take much but what we do is in a stylish Disney Vera Bradley back pack...
*Disney Ponchos (if they rip they replace them for free)
*Water bottle
*Phone and small charger and cords (we don't go back to the room during the day usually, so between pictures, videos and MDE it can drain the batteries after 12+ hours.
*Chap stick
*Band-Aids
*Packets of Spark and Rehydrate
*Hand cream
*Tissue
*DVC Umbrella
*DVC Membership Card (for discounts and lounge entrance)
*Sunglasses and case for after dark(again stylish Arribas Brothers Mickey glasses)
*Aleve
*Cash and Credit Cards
*Magic Band
*Snacks (usually nuts or granola or protein bar)
*Cough Drops

texas211
01-16-2018, 07:56 PM
So I assume cell phone, sunglasses, that sort of stuff is a given (like shoes and underwear).

So outside of that:
Mole skin
Ibuprofen
croakies for my sunglasses
boonie
D ring
lanyard (sometimes put my magicband on it when too sweaty)
clip on flashlight
sanwich ziploc bag (for wallet)

joonyer
01-16-2018, 08:01 PM
I take too too much (a boyscout prepared for everything), but at least since the advent of modern smartphones with great cameras, I no longer carry a separate camera and a video camera. That really lightened my load!

bostonchic13
02-03-2018, 12:56 PM
My must haves :)
I phone(FP+)
$Compact
Water
Visor

Simba's Mom
02-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Visor or hat
ibuprofin in case I get a headache

Story about ibuprofen-years ago, I got a splitting headache in the park. That's when I learned that if you go to first aid, they have ibuprofen (or at least they did). However, it took me so long that I always make sure I bring some now.

azcavalier
02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Hat
Sunglasses
Phone
Wife

I've done some parks without my wife, and it's just not as fun!

merciantinkerbell
02-07-2018, 08:05 AM
As well as the usual sunblock, hat, money, chapstick, magicband etc , we also bring tissues, wet wipes, mini Maglite as I have poor night vision so need to see where pushing hubby in wheelchair in dark rides and at night and wheelchair toolkit! It's a small pouch with spanner and allen keys as having a part come loose in middle of park not fun!
We check it every morning and night and sometimes when having "bench time" but it did happen to us before and I'm a no chances girl!

texas211
02-07-2018, 09:04 PM
As well as the usual sunblock, hat, money, chapstick, magicband etc , we also bring tissues, wet wipes, mini Maglite as I have poor night vision so need to see where pushing hubby in wheelchair in dark rides and at night and wheelchair toolkit! It's a small pouch with spanner and allen keys as having a part come loose in middle of park not fun!
We check it every morning and night and sometimes when having "bench time" but it did happen to us before and I'm a no chances girl!

I'm not the only one who brings a miniflash light. I have on that is part of a D clip, i can clip onto my lanyard. Wish my night vision goggles would work there.

luvdiznee
02-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Must haves:

Sunglasses
Water Bottle
Phone
And of course whatever is needed to get in the parks...Or wherever we're vacationing.