PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolutions?

John
12-30-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm not really the resolution type - but this year I would like to resolve to take care of a few items :)

1) Take off the Hilton Head 10. Since moving - I've been enjoying the 200+ restaurants on this 12x5 mile island and it shows. Healthier eating stats January 2

2) Get back into running. Only ran in two events last year - at Disneyland 10k and Half in January and the Jingle Jingle 5k here a couple weeks back. Running keeps me focused and I need to participate in more events and get back in the habit.

3) Spend less time on social media. Total time **** and a waste of energy.

4) Enjoy where I live more - get out, see the area, day trips etc.

5) Eliminate negativity from my life - online and in person. To many angry people out there that drag everyone down.

How about you? What are your resolutions? Do you make them? Do you keep them?

Disney4us2
12-30-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't make resolutions. Too easy to break.

This year I WILL lose weight. I even got a jump on it and lost 30 pounds since November 10th. I'm taking this year off from doing any Disney 5K's. Need to slowly get back to my pre surgery pace, and learn how to adjust to my shrinking body. In the mean time I'll continue my walking and maybe try some virtual 5K's. I'm also working out in aqua classes and machines at Celebration Hospital Fitness Center.

So I'm really looking forward to 2019 and doing more Disney races. That will be a nice way to celebrate #65!!

Yungbuck73
12-31-2017, 11:22 AM
I just want to continue to get healthy. But I do have one goal, run a 1/2 marathon. I think I’m going to sign up for the Wine and Dine 1/2 in November. This gives me 10 months to get ready.
I guess that’s my only 2 resolutions.
Happy New Years to all.

Kairi_7378
12-31-2017, 11:48 AM
I don't make resolutions, but I pick a theme word for the year.

Imalismom
12-31-2017, 12:57 PM
I have four:

My first one is to get ready to do my first half at the Nov wine and dine - that means following Jeff Galloway's plan

My second is to give up social media for the most part. I cannot totally deactivate my account, because of the grandkids, but if you look at my Facebook there is virtually nothing on it anymore.

The third is to continue to lose weight. I lost 40 pounds in total last year, and I want to lose that same amount this upcoming year.

My fourth is the most important one to me - that is to get closer to my faith. I have let it slip and that is NOT okay with me.

John
12-31-2017, 05:20 PM
I don't make resolutions, but I pick a theme word for the year.

Don't leave us hanging... what's the theme word for 2018?

Kairi_7378
12-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Reach. It's a little hard to think of it without hearing Woody say "Reach for the sky!" I picked it because this is going to be a year of stepping out of my comfort zone in a few ways (including running 2 marathons in the fall, to maybe convince myself that I can go Dopey one day!)