PDA

View Full Version : FOP Fast pass timing?

disneyjo46
12-29-2017, 02:23 PM
I was just wondering if it would be easier to get a fast pass for Flight of Passage in the evening rather than first thing in the morning? Any thoughts on best timing??

faline
12-29-2017, 02:40 PM
You may have to settle for getting one at whatever time pops up (if any time pops up). The standby line for this ride is often more that 2 hours shortly after park opening. It's very popular and I would guess that getting a fastpass for it may be hit or miss.

VWL Mom
12-29-2017, 02:43 PM
I agree with Faline, pretty much it's still in the take what you can get stages. We've been lucky and gotten early evening and late afternoon, just not willing to deal with the AM crowds.

Zippy 1
12-29-2017, 06:08 PM
I could only get fast pass for early evening when we are there in middle of January

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2017, 09:16 PM
I would take whatever you can get for the day you want, but if you have a choice, I'd go for an evening one. Pandora is awesome at night, and you can spend the morning in the rest of AK, which is quite quiet, since everyone else is rushing to FOP in the AM.

RunDMV
12-30-2017, 06:18 AM
Another reason why FP+ is horrible. Schedule FOP for the evening hours to enjoy the night viewing and you've locked yourself out of FPs for the time before (and most likely after because no more FPs will be left).

VWL Mom
12-30-2017, 07:22 AM
Another reason why FP+ is horrible. Schedule FOP for the evening hours to enjoy the night viewing and you've locked yourself out of FPs for the time before (and most likely after because no more FPs will be left).

Sorry, have to disagree. We enjoy having the mornings to ourselves knowing we're all set for later in the day.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Sorry, have to disagree. We enjoy having the mornings to ourselves knowing we're all set for later in the day.

I agree 100% FP+ has been amazing for us, in that we often book for later in the day, do what we want in the morning, still having some "good" stuff queued for later.

RunDMV
12-31-2017, 05:15 AM
I agree 100% FP+ has been amazing for us, in that we often book for later in the day, do what we want in the morning, still having some "good" stuff queued for later.

Because you settled for the byproduct Disney gave themself. FP+ was all about Disney and nothing about the guest. They just want #1) the ability to cram as many people in the park as possible by artificially spreading out the crowds, and #2) the ability to plan staffing ahead.

As I've said before, FP+ can and should get rid of the 60 window. The system can support only making FPs from the app once you are in the park and or from any kiosk in the park.

October is the first time I've been back since + was created. And that's only because we moved to Florida and my wife, who loves Disney, insisted we get resident passes. Ive disliked every visit since; last minute/spontaneous visits work against FP+

buzznwoodysmom
01-01-2018, 10:22 AM
I will be aiming for late afternoon\evening FP for FOP for our upcoming trip. We plan to do Epcot that morning. Our first park day will be one of the last days for Flower and Garden Festival. We plan to spend the morning at Epcot mainly for the festival and lunch at the food booths so no real need for FP that morning. We will saved FP for that evening at AK. Sometimes getting FP for the evening is just the better strategy!

We also plan to try for FP for FOP on our last park day morning. We plan to hop around that last day so if we haven't scored FP for that first evening I'll try for our last morning.

Giggy
01-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Fastpasses for FOP are like gold dust, take any time you can! ;)

We were offsite so our Fastpass window was 30 days, during that I didn't see a single FOP Fastpass become available, despite checking regularly and even managing to find two River Journey and even a Seven Dwarfs Minetrain - the latter became available a few days before we went!

In late August we did quite well with FOP in standby when we went early afternoon, it had been 2 hours plus during the morning but we managed to get through the queue in only 90 minutes. It isn't often that I will say "only 90 minutes" when discussing a queue! :D

disneyjo46
01-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Thanks to everyone for your input. Not going until Dec.2018. Maybe the lines will be a little shorter by then!!

Snow's Mom
01-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input. Not going until Dec.2018. Maybe the lines will be a little shorter by then!!

I was able to get a morning FP+ for FOP for March. (Just booked today!) If you're going in early December, you might have some choices. During Christmas week, you might not find anything.

villavic
10-07-2018, 08:05 PM
I just read a FastPass to skip the line at FoP is a double-edged sword, since you’ll miss much of the queue attractions, like the research lab, the full-sized Avatar, etc. Is it true? Is the lab along the regular queue corridor?

And.. if I spend time at the lab area, other people behind me will walk and be before me at the line after being in the lab, right?

TheVBs
10-08-2018, 12:35 PM
I just read a FastPass to skip the line at FoP is a double-edged sword, since you’ll miss much of the queue attractions, like the research lab, the full-sized Avatar, etc. Is it true? Is the lab along the regular queue corridor?

And.. if I spend time at the lab area, other people behind me will walk and be before me at the line after being in the lab, right?

You do bypass most of that stuff in the FP line. We did one standby and one FP on our last trip. We did the standby first, I think it was a 1 1/2 hour wait. I wouldn't worry about people passing you by. With that amount of time in line, we had plenty of time to see the lab and take pictures without losing our spot.

Polynesian Dweller
10-09-2018, 12:01 AM
Yes you miss the full size Avatar. But right now the standby line is 75 minutes to 2hrs from early in the day. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the wait. You get the main story in the FP line.