PDA

View Full Version : HOP reaction

ransam
12-21-2017, 02:47 PM
I was just curious if anyone has gone to HOP show and what reaction was? I am hoping it is respectful and doesn't turn into a place to voice your oppion one way or another.

John
12-21-2017, 03:01 PM
I was just curious if anyone has gone to HOP show and what reaction was? I am hoping it is respectful and doesn't turn into a place to voice your oppion one way or another.

Total agreement - regardless of what you think, that attraction is not the place. Wasn't for the last 8 years, isn't now. Honestly, I'm just glad it's open again - though have heard the new ending is underwhelming. Also will say that the audio animatronic looks pretty bad. Though as a few fellow podcasters point out, a lot of them don't look especially true to life.

Would imagine it's much harder to build a AA than to do a wax model.

faline
12-22-2017, 02:42 PM
I went yesterday. The entire presentation is different than it was in years past. Regardless of your political views, it is worth a view.

Roger's #1 Fan
01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
I attended two different showings on the 26th, the second one with my DS after he was done work for the day. The presentation itself is very well done and we sat in the back so there was no real "close-up" looks at the animatronics so that didn't bother me at all. Reaction from the audience itself was as I thought it should be, quiet and reserved with applause at the end.

I am glad it is back and happy I got to see it this trip. :mickey:

cer
01-02-2018, 04:48 PM
One of the youtube channels I follow went on opening day.

I was pleased to learn that Disney had additional security around the attraction as well as plain clothes security.

While it is disappointing that such a thing would be necessary, I'm glad that Disney recognizes there may be a need and keeps the safety of its guests a priority.

SodaPopMGK
01-07-2018, 12:02 PM
I think it's sad that Disney felt the need for extra security. I have always taught my boys that whatever your political opinion you need to respect the office of the President.

mydisneygirls
01-09-2018, 10:56 AM
I am looking forward to seeing it during my upcoming trip. I am glad Disney feels the need for extra security in light of the disturbed person who caused a problem there recently. Those that think protesting is going to change the world, it's not going to happen. Whether I voted for him or not, I'm going to see the attraction because I am a PROUD American and as such, I look at HOP as American history.

VWL Mom
01-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Sadly it was closed on Tuesday while we were there, according to the CM there had been a "problem" inside the theater. People never cease to amaze me.

Gator
01-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Sadly it was closed on Tuesday while we were there, according to the CM there had been a "problem" inside the theater. People never cease to amaze me.

Really!?!?! That totally stinks. I hope they threw the dude responsible in the slammer. Anyone who would keep every family from an attraction (over raging politics) should feel the wrath of ALL Disney guests.

texas211
01-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Forget the Trump thing. That was a cover to swap out Morgan Freeman. Now that is the travesty. Love Freeman's voice.

TheVBs
01-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Those that think protesting is going to change the world, it's not going to happen. Whether I voted for him or not, I'm going to see the attraction because I am a PROUD American and as such, I look at HOP as American history.

I was going to say that I don't think a Disney attraction is the appropriate or most effective venue for a protest, but I realized as I was writing it that it's the choice of the protester. People certainly do things that break the rules there and Disney usually deals with them swiftly and appropriately.

TheVBs
01-14-2018, 04:26 PM
Part of my last post was removed for a problem phrase, and I apologize for that. But, I absolutely had more than one point posted. Protesting absolutely changes the world. It's changed our country significantly. One *small* ;-) example would be women being able to vote. Again, I'm going to say that I wouldn't count a Disney attraction as the best place, but that's just me.

texas211
01-17-2018, 07:48 AM
Part of my last post was removed for a problem phrase, and I apologize for that. But, I absolutely had more than one point posted. Protesting absolutely changes the world. It's changed our country significantly. One *small* ;-) example would be women being able to vote. Again, I'm going to say that I wouldn't count a Disney attraction as the best place, but that's just me.

It's not a good place. But now days, everyone feels the "right" to do what they want, when they want. We handed out too many 4th stars to folks as children.

Now if folks want to protest while I'm in a long line for something, go for it, I could use the entertainment value. But don't ruin my precious AC time in Florida.

DisneyMomx7
01-17-2018, 11:23 AM
It's not a good place. But now days, everyone feels the "right" to do what they want, when they want. We handed out too many 4th stars to folks as children.

Now if folks want to protest while I'm in a long line for something, go for it, I could use the entertainment value. But don't ruin my precious AC time in Florida.

Sadly this is nothing new.

I remember hearing boos at the Obama animatronic too.
No matter what your politics you should leave it at the door of HOP.