PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Resort Mug Price Increase

missymouseworld
12-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Cost of refillable resort mugs for length of stay is now $18.99.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Grrr ... still, with the price of drinks so high, if you're a pop drinker, you'll save $$.

PopPhan
12-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Grrr ... still, with the price of drinks so high, if you're a pop drinker, you'll save $$.

So true. With the price of a bottle being in the $3.50 neighborhood, and the fountain drinks being in the $2.75 neighborhood, the refillable mug will get you about 5 - 7 (20 oz.) drinks before paying for itself.

BTW -- This is also why they do not allow you to bring your refillable mug back and have it reactivated for 'length of stay' on each trip.

VWL Mom
12-09-2017, 10:54 AM
We used to get at least 2 mugs each trip as souvenirs but since they've become to lazy to change the designs we've stopped.

Jeff
12-10-2017, 10:30 AM
We used to get at least 2 mugs each trip as souvenirs but since they've become to lazy to change the designs we've stopped.

Same with us!

missymouseworld
12-11-2017, 07:24 AM
We have so many from our trips, but the last few trips we only buy one for the coffee in the morning. I do think they need a re-boot on the mug style/artwork. I am not sure what they could do, maybe offer the original style and maybe resort specific, or something.

PopPhan
12-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Would love to see resort specific mugs come back, but then you might have a problem refilling at a different resort.

"One size (style) fits all" is OK, but they need yearly refreshes to make them worthwhile.

WDW1985
01-16-2018, 01:32 PM
What about the lifetime refillable mugs from MANY years ago? I still have them, but I doubt they'd take them now. lol

:mickey:

PopPhan
01-17-2018, 06:09 AM
What about the lifetime refillable mugs from MANY years ago? I still have them, but I doubt they'd take them now. lol

:mickey:

Nope. They are unusable at the resorts now. They don't have the RFID chips, so the fountains won't work with them. Nice collectible, though! My ex gave away our Caribbean Beach refillable mugs from our very first trip. Wish I still had them.

texas211
01-17-2018, 07:28 AM
My wife might get a mug, as she'll use it more than I will. But between the size, the cost, I don't see too much value in it for me, to offset the hassle of dragging around the mug. I usually tie it to a d ring and clip it on, but still. Might or might not break even on its purchase. Might have saved me 6 bucks if I bought it. So still, not ground breaking.