PDA

View Full Version : Uber/Lyft to a Rundisney Event

jennsky
11-26-2017, 07:08 PM
Hi guys! So I am thinking about taking an Uber/Lyft from our offsite house (Windsor Hills) to the Princess 5K when I go in February. We have a rental car but it's only gonna have my husband insured on it, so rather than have him drive my daughter and I to the run at the ungodly hour of 4am, I was thinking I could take a Lyft ride.

So here are my questions:
1. Have any of you taken an Uber to a rundisney event and did you have any issues?
2. When the race is over, where can I have the Uber meet me at Epcot or should I hop on a bus to any hotel and catch an Uber from the hotel I end up at?

Thanks in advance!

magicofdisney
11-27-2017, 11:14 AM
Hey Jennifer! :hi:

I hope this is helpful. I don't know specifically about the runDisney events, but I do know there's a drop-off/pick-up area where the resort buses let off guest. I've used it a few times to drop off my kids at Epcot. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same spot Uber/Lyft use as well.

jennsky
11-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Perfect! I knew there must be something like that there. That’s probably easier than bussing to a hotel and THEN waiting for an Uber. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imalismom
11-29-2017, 04:59 PM
There is a runDisney facebook group and they talk about it often how easy it is to UBER, and I have never read a negative thing about getting an UBER for RunDisney events when you are staying offsite.

Getting an UBER back... I don't remember what any of them said. I know I have had UBER drop me off at EPCOT before, and its right where the buses are - so I think getting an UBER there would not be difficult.

I would volunteer to drive you back, but that means you would have to take the bus back to my hotel, and then we leave from there - and you would probably be home and showered before my bus got back to the hotel LOL!

Isabella
11-29-2017, 07:43 PM
Okay ladies..... I'm thinking I may need to do a Run Disney 5K in 2019 or fall of 2018 AHHHH. Says the girl who doesn't run! Talk me in to it! Or out as the case may be!

magicofdisney
11-30-2017, 09:42 AM
Do it, do it, do it! You don't literally HAVE to run. ;) I've only ever done Disney runs, but my daughters have done runs with other organization. It's apples to oranges and Disney makes it so much fun. There's a tentative plan for a group event for the next Disney Wine & Dine fall 2018. You have a little time to decide, but I think you should join us. :walk:

jennsky
11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Seriously DO IT! I am NOT a runner so I just walk it. Every time I have just walked it. If you can walk around Epcot without an issue, then there is no reason why you can’t do this. I was so nervous before the first time I did it and it was so simple. And surprisingly, I wasn’t the last person to cross the finish line! Plus you get a snazzy medal that makes you feel like you’ve accomplished something. This will be my fifth Disney 5K...my 11 year old daughter’s third. The worst part is getting up early to do it, but once you get there, and see all the amazing costumes people wear, and get all pumped up by the loud music and excited announcers, you’ll be so thrilled that you took part. Like Nike’s slogan - JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!

Fangorn
11-30-2017, 03:14 PM
Like Nike’s slogan - JUST DO IT!

Jen, you might not want to use that line when talking to Patty or I. ;)

As a family currently being impacted by the big "N's" recent layoffs, that's the company "that shall not be named" around here. Besides, isn't New Balance the sponsor of RunDisney events? These footwear guys are extremely territorial and have been known to play dirty. You could find your next pair of sneakers made out of cement - if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Steve

jennsky
11-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Jen, you might not want to use that line when talking to Patty or I. ;)

As a family currently being impacted by the big "N's" recent layoffs, that's the company "that shall not be named" around here. Besides, isn't New Balance the sponsor of RunDisney events? These footwear guys are extremely territorial and have been known to play dirty. You could find your next pair of sneakers made out of cement - if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Steve

Oh Lord! You’re right! Wrong company to quote!!! My bad!!! How about, IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (I’m so stupid!!!)

Fangorn
11-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Much better

:mickey:

Steve

Imalismom
12-01-2017, 05:36 AM
<snip>isn't New Balance the sponsor of RunDisney events? <snip

Steve

Steve,

Not anymore.... New Balance and Disney are parting ways... Rumor
Is that Brooks will be at the January Expo. I’m excited to see who
will be there.

Isabella
12-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement! I think I would love to "Just DO IT" Nike be damned! :haha: I never like their shoes anyway!

Jen... YOU ARE NOT STUPID!!! You are wonderful!

When is the Wine and Dine? Who all is thinking about doing that one? We could make it an ICOT 21! The legal age for dinking!!!!! Whose in?

Now... what are the things that must be done in order to participate?

Imalismom
12-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Race Registration

Registration will open for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend presented by MISFIT™ on March 13, 2018 at noon ET! Sign up for an email reminder today at rundisney dot com!

As a Annual Passholder, you gain access to early registration before the general public.

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?216134-Wine-Dine-2018-(Nov-2018)-gt-ICOT-run is the link to the mini meet for wine and dine 2018.

emfleck
12-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Steve,

will be there.

Oh my if I could get a pair of Brooks Ghost disney running shoes!! I'd be beyond happy!!

Fangorn
12-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Steve,

will be there.

I had heard the rumor that NB might be parting ways with Disney, but hadn't seen anything more for some time. Frankly, I expect Nike to show up as the sponsor, given that Mark Parker - the CEO of Nike was elected to the Disney Board of Directors earlier this year (and also sites on the Apple Board).

Steve

Imalismom
01-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to move this over to the Run ICOT forum.. others may benefit from it there....