PDA

View Full Version : Can we do this?

tadcd
11-24-2017, 12:16 AM
We are planning a trip to WDW in early May. We are staying at AKL. On one of our days we would like to park at the Swan /Dolphin in the morning, we have reservations there for dinner later in the day. We would like to show the children the Boardwalk and Beach Club and go to the international section of Epcot for lunch and time in the parks before heading back to Il Mulino for dinner. Is this ok/allowable or is there a time window where you must have a dining reservation at the resort to park there?

PopPhan
11-24-2017, 08:30 AM
Not if your dinner reservations aren't until later in the day. parking at a resort you are not staying at is limited to 3 hours (I believe, but it could be less.)

Resort parking is not for park hopping, even if you do have a dining reservation later in the day.

Please do not take parking from those who are actually staying at the resort.

tadcd
11-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Understood. I wasn't sure of the rules for Swan /Dolphin particular since there is a daily parking fee there. I appreciate your reply. I think we will use the Lyft option then.
Teresa

RunDMV
11-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Understood. I wasn't sure of the rules for Swan /Dolphin particular since there is a daily parking fee there. I appreciate your reply. I think we will use the Lyft option then.
Teresa

Have you thought about taking the resort bus to the Studios? It's less than a mile from the bus depot (at DHS) to the Swan/Dolphin. The Boardwalk/Beach Club and World Showcase are pretty close as well.

magicofdisney
11-24-2017, 09:14 AM
Does valet parking have the same limitations/restrictions? It might be cheaper to valet park than to take Lyft.

DisneyFan1979
11-29-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't believe the Swan and Dolphin have the same type of parking rules as the Disney resorts because you pay to park there. If I remember correctly from my last stay at the Swan in June, there were separate rates for hotel guests and non-guests.