PDA

View Full Version : What’s your favorite quick service restaurant?

Mary Chase
11-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Planning a quick service DDP vacation and while we do enjoy certain meals at some of them - finding it challenging to make sure we aren’t always eating the same food. Was hoping to get some new ideas. In particular- was hoping to get some reviews on the food at Pinnochio Village Haus at MK. It’s been a couple years since we ate there and while I think we mostly liked it - something I can’t recall sticks in my head that someone in my group got something they really didn’t like there. Just wondered what the opinions /experiences are recently there.

Any opinions would be really appreciated - in all parks/resorts. Even considering hopping on the monorail from MK if there is something good at one of the resorts.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buzznwoodysmom
11-15-2017, 01:13 PM
In MK we love Be Our Guest for lunch, but you do need a reservation, and it is a little pricey for a quick service. We also really like Columbia Harbour House, when going for something other than your typical burgers and such. As for Pinocchio’s, it’s been years for us as well, and I believe the menu has changed a few times since so my review would be worthless. Although we did not care for it much back then, hence the reason we haven’t been in years.

In Epcot we enjoy any of the quick service locations throughout World Showcase.

At Hollywood Studios we haven’t found much we care for in the way of quick service to be honest.

We love Yack and Yeti in Animal Kingdom. Also have really enjoyed Flame Tree BBQ.

Also worth noting is Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs. Love that place!

As for the resorts, the quick service at all 3 monorail resorts have some pretty good options. My son loved a flatbread he got at Contemporary. We like most of what is offered at the Poly. Not sure about Grand Floridian, but they used to have a nice lobster Mac n cheese. I do think I’ve read that it’s been discontinued tho. Mara at AKL used to have some really unique offerings but it’s been a while. Not sure what their menu looks like these days.

Scallywag
11-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Columbia Harbor House

Sylvia
11-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Many of our favorites over the years:

MK -
Be Our Guest - love the turkey sandwich and the master's cupcake for lunch
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café

EPCOT -
Sunshine Seasons
Electric Umbrella
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
Liberty Inn
Lotus Blossom Café
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

HS -
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
PizzeRizzo
Sunset Ranch Market

AK -
Flame Tee Barbecue
Restaurantosaurus
Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes
Satu'li Conteen

DS -
Earl of Sandwich

Resorts -
Contemporary - Contempo Café
Polynesian - Captain Cook's
PO Riverside - Riverside Mill

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Pinnochio Village Haus has changed in the past few years from a burger type place to an Italian-themed place. It is decent, and a change of pace ... we do love the breadsticks and sauce, makes quite the yummy snack.

I second the idea of trying out the QS at resorts. They often have a larger/better selection, and you get to look around the resort as well. :)

disney1026
11-16-2017, 01:43 PM
I have a few favorites that I try to make sure to get to whenever I am at Disney World.

Magic Kingdom: Love Columbia Harbor House. Food is great, lots of tables! My family actually has a "favorite table" where you can see Rapunzel's tower out the window.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue - the food is excellent.

Epcot: Katsura Grill. The Iced Green Tea is a nice change from pop/bottled water options. We love to eat outside and enjoy the atmosphere. I also really like the Sunshine Food Court. It can get crowded, but there is a good selection of food and we've always found it to be good quality.

Disney Studios: ABC Commissary - they have a few decent alternatives to the usual burger & fries. I really like the Mediterranean Chicken Salad.

Speedy1998
11-17-2017, 12:18 PM
MK - Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, or pretty much any of the world showcase QS
HS - ABC Commissary
AK - Flame Tree BarBque

Mary Chase
11-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Thank you everyone! I keep seeing Columbia Harbor House, but in all the years I’ve gone to Disney I’ve never tried it. Maybe it’s time to try something new! Also never went to ABC in DHS - thinking about that one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrte62
11-19-2017, 09:21 PM
Another vote for Flame Tree BBQ and Columbia Harbor House ...
And any place in the World Shocase.

cer
11-20-2017, 12:13 PM
At Disney Springs in addition to Earl of Sandwich which has already been mentioned...

Wolfgang Puck Express
DLuxe Burger