PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom, Whats new?

Anthony
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Good morning all, used to be a regular on the boards and in the World when I lived in Florida, but moved to Vermont in 2007 and have only been back once in 2013. We will be stopping in for one day at the Magic Kingdom in December. I have been researching the changes online and through the boards, but am hoping you can point out anything I have missed. I used to complain that nothing ever changed at the parks when we were going monthly, now I see all you have to do it take a really long break.

I see there are new rides, Ariel, Seven Dwarves Mine Ride since I was there in 2013, anything else?

Fastpasses are available online now I see 30 days out, are they electronic only now? No more kiosks?

Do certain rides like the Haunted Mansion open later than the park as I remember they once did? I am trying to plan the most efficient use of our 10 hours in the park.

I see security has moved outside to the TTC which is probably a good idea. If the Magic Kingdom opens at 8am, when can I expect the TTC to open? 2 hours before park opening?

Thanks for any advice,
Anthony

Zippy 1
11-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is awesome! This is a must do for us now. Fast passes are electronic now. They are attached to your Magic band. All rides open when the park opens. I have not experienced the new security. That has changed since I was there a year ago. I will experience that in January

Anthony
11-10-2017, 01:05 PM
They are attached to your Magic band.

I am not staying in a Disney resort, so I assumed I would not get a magic band. Do they still use tickets for fastpass also?

1DisneyNut
11-10-2017, 01:29 PM
I am not staying in a Disney resort, so I assumed I would not get a magic band. Do they still use tickets for fastpass also?

The tickets you will get have a chip in them and work like the magic bands. You will have to link them to your mde account and make fastpasses just like you do with the magic bands. If you have some old magic bands that are linked to your account already, they will still work as long as the batteries are still good. The first ones I ever got still work and they are from when they first started using magic bands.