PDA

View Full Version : FP+ for World Showcase

Snow's Mom
11-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Planning a late-start day at WS, arriving through the Intl Gateway. Hoping to book Frozen FP+. It's towards the end of our trip, so fingers crossed. But...how do I use my other two FP+ selections? I'd potentially like to book another FP for Soarin' in the evening, but we'd have to use up all 3 FP's early in order to make that work, right? Do I have to book 3? Character Spot and...a FP for 3 Caballeros? That hurts.

We just plan to eat our way around WS and look at the topiaries, as it will be the first week in March.:flower::flower::flower:

PopPhan
11-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Yes, you will have to book all 3 of your initial FP+ options to be able to get a 4th..ANY 4th.

You do not, however, have to book them all inside World Showcase. You can book in Future World as well. Granted, there are few options in Future World anymore, but you do have that option.

All EPCOT FP+ options (* denotes "Tier 1" option)

Frozen Ever After* *
Illuminations: Reflections of Earth *
Spaceship Earth*
Mission: SPACE *
Test Track* *
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land *
Soarin' Around the World *
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Stop
The Seas with Nemo and Friends*
Turtle Talk With Crush*
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival

Fangorn
11-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Since you're already planning for a late start, you're in better shape.

Yes, you have to make 3 FP before you can try for that Soarin' FP. But, you don't have to actually use them - you can just let then expire.

Let's say you're planning on getting to Epcot at 11. Make a FP for Journey into imagination for 9 and Pixar Short Film Festival at 10. Then try to get FP for Frozen as close to 11 as possible. When you get to Epcot at 11, the first two will have expired. As soon as you tap in for your Frozen FP, you'll be able to get on the app and try to get that FP for Soarin. You may get a message that you can only get 1 tier 1 FP per day, but its the general warning you get in the tiered parks, you'll still be allowed to make the selection and confirm the FP.

Hope that helps a bit.

Steve

Simba's Mom
11-06-2017, 01:55 PM
If I'm reading this right, Living with the Land is no longer a Tier 1. Neither is Spaceship Earth (was it ever?)

VWL Mom
11-06-2017, 05:54 PM
The current Tier 1 attractions at EPCOT are:
Frozen Ever After
Illuminations:Reflection of Earth
Soarin'
Test Track

Spaceship Earth has always been Tier 2 as far as I know

jiifigment
11-09-2017, 12:05 PM
So do you even have to book the other two FP+ to get the second tier 1 on the day of? In other words, if you JUST book FEA, and have nothing else booked on the day of, can you get the same caution message and continue?

Snow's Mom
11-09-2017, 09:48 PM
So do you even have to book the other two FP+ to get the second tier 1 on the day of? In other words, if you JUST book FEA, and have nothing else booked on the day of, can you get the same caution message and continue?

Pretty sure not. The only rides we're interested in are all Tier 1. So the plan laid out earlier in this thread, booking earlier FP's and letting them expire, makes sense except that I don't like taking up a FP I'm not going to use. I may just book the one FP+ for Frozen and leave it at that, since we're just doing WS. Not a fan of this tier thing!