PDA

View Full Version : Parking lots....and construction....WWWD

paragon
11-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Just got back from a quick 5 day trip. There are large areas of the parking lots at both Epcot and MK sectioned off with metal barriers, lots of port o potties and some small staging and seats, we were wondering what these were for? Convention?, Shows?
Also, so much construction going on all over, roads, hotels and parks all at once, I wasn't overly impressed and just have this feeling that if Walt was alive it would never be this way all at once. Driving through orange barrels was like driving in Mass!

WishingStar2006
11-03-2017, 06:45 PM
I agree...I think Walt would be horrified at the way the parking lots and construction are all at one time. Driving into and out of Hollywood Studios is just awful..not just the poorly marked roads (especially in the dark) and the visible construction is just not the way it used to be....it’s very sad! They used to completely barricade the construction so as not to ruin the MAGIC!

NewDVCowner
11-03-2017, 11:26 PM
You may have been looking at the set up for the wine and dine half marathon runs that are going on this weekend. That would explain the bleachers, port-o-potties and probably at least some of the road closures.

paragon
11-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Thanks, I was thinking it was something to do with the race, there were signs at the resort.