PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music Family Suite or Wilderness Cabin - Help please!

CaliforniaKara
10-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Hello! We are looking to visit Disney from Southern FL for a week at the end of January. We just got our resident season passes too.

Originally planned on staying off property in January, but now realize that is kind of a pain after coming up here for the weekend in october.

Considering splurging and staying at All Star Music in a family suite @ $1985 grand total for 7 nights or Fort Wilderness Cabin for $2263 total. Both are about 500-520 sq Ft.

I did stay at All Star Music in 2003, but don’t remember it too well.

Another option is the Caribbean resort with a king bed for $1367, but I think we would be happier with a bit more space since we don’t need to be at the park every minute of the day. Would also be nice to have a mini kitchen, which we wouldn’t have here.

The Cabin sounds a bit more appealing from a privacy perspective, but the All Stars have a 2nd bathroom.

We are the types of people who go to the park from opening until 1 or 2 pm. Would prefer to easily get back to the room and take a mid day break and go back in the evenings.

We figure if we have a kitchen we can do a lot of our eating there and maybe one meal out each day.

We like to walk. Can you walk to Epcot from the Wilderness cabins? The Disney guy told me 1 mile. Is that true?

We don’t care too much about pools, we have a nice one where we live, so it’s not something we wouldn’t necessarily take advantage of.

Is it easy to get to Disney Springs from the cabins?

Any advice for 2 thirty something adults with no kids? We will have our car since we only live 3-3.5 hours away.

Any tips would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

kathkwilts
10-29-2017, 02:20 PM
In my opinion, the Fort Wilderness cabins are ideal for two adults or even if you have a couple of small kids. I would recommend renting a golf cart to get around the vast resort, tho. It makes using Disney transportation to get around the world a lot easier, as internal Fort Wilderness buses can be slow.

You cannot walk to Epcot from Fort Wilderness but there are handy buses (direct from the Outpost bus kiosk). There are also boats (launches) to the TTC from the Settlement (aka Pioneer Hall) where you can catch a monorail to Epcot. There are large parking lots for golf carts at both places.

You cannot walk to Disney Springs, either. There would be major highways to navigate around, as well as the distance (same as with Epcot). You can take a bus directly from Fort Wilderness Outpost. It is quick and easy.

You can also drive to both places if you have a car. You cannot use a car to get around Fort Wilderness internally, tho, as there are no places to park except on your cabin site. So, I would still recommend the golf cart.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-30-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm a fan of the cabins as well. I loved having my own "house" at Disney. We found that we used the kitchen a lot, and loved having the grill as well. If you have a car, I would just drive to the parks, so when you leave, you can drive right back to your cabin. Otherwise, you have to take a bus to Fort Wilderness, and then an internal bus to your cabin loop.

If you're interested, there are so many "other" things to do at Fort Wilderness as well ... our favourite is to sign up for the Archery Class.

mydisneygirls
10-30-2017, 02:24 PM
We absolutely love the cabins. One of our favorite trips was staying there. Love the kitchen especially if you don’t want to buy every meal. If it’s just the two of you why do you need so much space. Have you ever considered renting DVC points.

busterthebronco
11-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I'd go with a cabin. We like them in particular because there are 2 TVs so it's easy to have down time. Going to MK is fun, take a boat!
Rent a golf cart or get a bike or just enjoy the stroll around the campus!