PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary VS Beach Club

Scallywag
10-24-2017, 08:47 PM
We will have 3 adults, a 16 year old and a 6 year old. Is one place any better for a group of 5? I know the BC has the better pool and the CR has the Monorail. Are there any perks i am missing? Why do you prefer one over the other?

Tippy987
10-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Hi - I would suggest you stay at the resort that is closer to what you typically do. My family prefers the Contemporary due to the monorail and MK Park. We like to dine at the other two resorts on the monorail, go to Epcot and find we spend most of our time at MK. BC has a great pool and great location to Epcot, HS and Broadwalk. So pick the resort that bets matches your activities for your visit. Enjoy your vacation.

VWL Mom
10-27-2017, 05:46 AM
I agree with Tippy, stay where you will be spending your time. My family prefers the MK resorts because of the accessibility of signature dining, as my boys have gotten older (22 & 25) we don't get to see a lot of each other at home anymore so our dinners while we are away are important to us. We may do one day at EP/DS during our trip and the rest is MK/AK. Now if we liked EP/DS and enjoyed dining at the Epcot restaurants we would lean toward staying on that side of town.

ThanxForNoticin
10-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Another vote with the above posters - stay where you plan to play. If you'll be enjoying more time at MK or any of the monorail restaurants, then CR it should be. And even though the pools at CR aren't as fancy as BC, they are still nice - and CR has the bonus of the marina and boat rentals, if your family enjoys something like that.

If EPCOT, EPCOT restaurants, DHS, and/or swimming might be higher on your list, BC is a great choice. Tough to beat the fun you can have at the pool there!

Both are awesome resorts - you cannot go wrong with either. Have a great trip.