PDA

View Full Version : 4 adults staying in All Star Movies

homeschool mom
10-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Our preferred resort is Caribbean Beach, however with all the renovations going on (not to mention the offer of the free DDP) we decided to stay at the All Stars. This will be our first time staying at a value resort since our children were little, and also our first time at the All Star Movies. In December we are going with 2 teen boys who are both 6'2". One is built like a football player while the other is built like a beanpole. Our 3 adult daughters will also have their own room.

I'm looking for space saving suggestions that will make our stay a little more bearable. My DH says it will all be wonderful since we only sleep there. I'm a bit concerned we will be "fighting" over space to store our clothes and toiletries.

Has anyone stayed under similar circumstances? If so, how did you make it work.

We'll be flying so we won't be able to take as much with us.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John
10-17-2017, 11:51 AM
It kind of is what it is. It's a small room and the beds are full, not queen which means space is a little tight. You just have to know that and make the best of it.

We would figure out the night before who goes first in the bathroom and set a time, then each day rotate who has to get up first.

If I got up first, I'd then go get coffee for the rest of us - stuff like that.

I would ask for some extra towels and shampoos etc off the bat. They give you the bare minimum.

Have fun!

Imalismom
10-17-2017, 03:39 PM
We just stayed there last week - one thing I would recommend is setting up the ironing board under the hangers - it fits there very nicely and becomes a second counter top :)

There is no ceiling fan to move air, so I would suggest a fan if you have room to bring one.

Also, if you have room, a small over the shower holder for the shower to hold soaps, shampoos, etc works very well.

One last space saving tip - is an over the door shoe holder - it is great for holding a lot of things.

Ask for the extra shampoo, towels, etc. right when you check in. They gave me the shampoo, conditioner and soap right then, and housekeeping was waiting for me at the door to hand me a load of towels/washcloths, etc. when I got to my door. If you need more, you WILL have to leave a note, as they only leave what they don't see (i.e., if your shampoo bottle is half full, they will NOT leave a new one.)

missymouseworld
10-17-2017, 08:57 PM
:( Btw no coffee pots in the rooms. :(