PDA

View Full Version : Episode 102 - A Bunch of People I Met on the Internet

John
09-21-2017, 08:50 AM
The Cast: Carolyn Pongracz, Jennifer Silveira, Ian Mitchell, Jason Kauffman, Justin McCarthy & John Yaglenski

- It's Episode 102, Electric Boogaloo
- Hurricane Talk
- What was Walt Disney World Like During and After Irma
- ICOT 20 is Almost Here
- A Quick History of INTERCOT
- A Preview of the ICOT20 Events
- Another Festival for Epcot
- New Christmastime Events for Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A Wet Halloween Party
- Sorry folks, the banshee should have told ya ...
- Guess the price of Haunted Mansion Furniture
- Disney After Hours are Returning for 2018
- Chef Mickey's Temporary Displacement

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey's
The Official Ticket Center

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2017/episode-102.asp)!

stephicakes
09-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Hi peeps! Haven't posted in a while (ya know, life..!) but love to listen and I always enjoy the podcasts!!

I'm a CM at Hollywood Studios and just wanted to clarify what is currently going on with Echo Lake! Yes, a new paint job for the bottom of the lake and "Dinosaur Gertie's Ice Cream" is most likely getting a fresh coat (and maybe "Min and Bill's Dockside Diner"?). The island in the middle of the lake will be the location of the Christmas tree (all palm trees have been cut down as of this week). More plans to come for the lake?? possibly! Just sayin'... ;)

Keep up the great work and thanks for the fun listening as I get ready to make the Magic!!

Yungbuck73
09-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Hi peeps! Haven't posted in a while (ya know, life..!) but love to listen and I always enjoy the podcasts!!

I'm a CM at Hollywood Studios and just wanted to clarify what is currently going on with Echo Lake! Yes, a new paint job for the bottom of the lake and "Dinosaur Gertie's Ice Cream" is most likely getting a fresh coat (and maybe "Min and Bill's Dockside Diner"?). The island in the middle of the lake will be the location of the Christmas tree (all palm trees have been cut down as of this week). More plans to come for the lake?? possibly! Just sayin'... ;)

Keep up the great work and thanks for the fun listening as I get ready to make the Magic!!

Thanks so much for the info. Thanks for listening. Will we see you at ICOT20?

Yungbuck73
09-22-2017, 04:49 PM
And yes folks, I have not seen The Lion King or Little Mermaid. Sorry if this revokes my Disney cred.

Buttercup
09-23-2017, 10:10 PM
And yes folks, I have not seen The Lion King or Little Mermaid. Sorry if this revokes my Disney cred.
This. Still. Hurts. I can't believe it! You need to catch up!

stephicakes
09-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I would love to try to meet up if my work schedule allows!! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
09-25-2017, 10:11 AM

I am speechless. I feel like we have failed you, Justin.

Fangorn
09-25-2017, 11:14 AM
Justin, don't sweat it! I watched Hercules for the first time last week and I have yet to see several others, including Cars (and all the sequels) and Ratatouille.

I have, however, seen Song of the South - in theater, twice - so that pretty much trumps everything!

Steve

Yungbuck73
09-25-2017, 08:44 PM
I am speechless. I feel like we have failed you, Justin.

It's ok Nikki. I'll try to have this resolved by ICOT 30? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mendelson
09-29-2017, 02:01 PM
I really liked the beginning of the podcast, with the history of Intercot. In fact, it could have gotten into much more depth! Maybe a whole podcast just on Intercot milestones over the years....

Can't believe I've been poking around here since 2001 (before joining in 2003), when I planned my first family trip as an adult. Over 75 percent of Intercot's life. Man, I'm old.

2.5 million visit a month back in the day...wow!

Speaking of meeting strangers from the internet, when I realized that John Y worked just around the corner from me, I suggested we meet up for lunch and had a great chat. What a nice guy and congrats to you, John, for keeping this thing going for 20 years. I wish one of my two trips this year overlapped with Icot20.

A complete aside - can someone tell me how Gary's Column got its name?

Buttercup
09-29-2017, 10:32 PM
In the very early podcasts, there was a feature where they would pick a category, and each podcaster would say what their "best" idea was. For instance "what's the best quick service restaurant?"

In one episode I think the topic was "where's the best place to sit and people watch?" Gary tried to describe the central pole in the middle of Epcot's UK pavilion. He didn't really know what to call it, other than "Road Furniture" because it's a place to sit in the middle of the road! And so, it became known as Gary's Column, since nobody knew how else to describe it! And it IS a great place to grab a drink, have a seat, and get a full 360-degree view of the UK and everything going on around there!

If you haven't already, be sure to find Gary's Column on Facebook. He's got his own page and often replies back if you post a selfie at this Road Furniture!

Yungbuck73
09-29-2017, 11:23 PM
In the very early podcasts, there was a feature where they would pick a category, and each podcaster would say what their "best" idea was. For instance "what's the best quick service restaurant?"

In one episode I think the topic was "where's the best place to sit and people watch?" Gary tried to describe the central pole in the middle of Epcot's UK pavilion. He didn't really know what to call it, other than "Road Furniture" because it's a place to sit in the middle of the road! And so, it became known as Gary's Column, since nobody knew how else to describe it! And it IS a great place to grab a drink, have a seat, and get a full 360-degree view of the UK and everything going on around there!

If you haven't already, be sure to find Gary's Column on Facebook. He's got his own page and often replies back if you post a selfie at this Road Furniture!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170930/7bd1140b4ad150ddd8b3224ca20b04c7.jpg

Figment!
09-30-2017, 01:34 PM

It's named after famed British Explorer Sir Albert Column ....

:D

Yungbuck73
09-30-2017, 01:35 PM
It's named after famed British Explorer Sir Albert Column ....

:D

Best response EVER

MNNHFLTX
10-03-2017, 04:10 PM

Didn't Gary also say that Column was a good place to arrange to meet up with other people?

brad192
10-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Didn't Gary also say that Column was a good place to arrange to meet up with other people?

I believe he did! Just don't show disrespect to Column by attempting to climb him - he has a po-po posse...

PopPhan
10-04-2017, 08:30 AM
I would love to try to meet up if my work schedule allows!! :mickey:

It's too bad you couldn't have a little sticker on your CM name tag that had your INTERCOT handle on it, or even a small, innocuous INTERCOT symbol. :)

MNNHFLTX
10-04-2017, 06:19 PM
I believe he did! Just don't show disrespect to Column by attempting to climb him - he has a po-po posse...
Very true....some of our Intercot peeps got reprimanded, lol! :oops: