PDA

View Full Version : "Go see Animal Kingdom at Night"

mom2morgan
09-17-2017, 08:34 PM
In May, when exactly would it be dark enough to get that Pandora experience? We are doing two part days at AK - one early and one later. on our later one we are eating at Cape May at the Beach Club. I'm not sure how late AK stays open - should we be staying at AK and then doing dinner (which would certainly be easier, but when does it get dark?) or planning to do dinner and come BACK?

Fangorn
09-17-2017, 09:03 PM
In May, sunset in Orlando is somewhere between about 8:05 and 8:20 depending on the day of the month - steadily getting later throughout the month.

Full dark (aka "night") occurs about 25 minutes after sunset.

Chances are good that AK will be open until at least 9pm in May.

Steve

Cinderelley
09-18-2017, 01:28 AM
Do you usually eat dinner pretty early?

mom2morgan
09-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Do you usually eat dinner pretty early?

Often - we usually skip lunch and do an early evening meal. But I'm flexible in Disney! Sound like it might be better to stay there till after dark and THEN eat - less time wasted going back and forth.

Cinderelley
09-20-2017, 01:07 AM
Beach Club is quite a haul. Could you switch that to another night and get a closer dinner reservation? AKL has some pretty awesome restaurants or Tusker House has good character interaction.

mom2morgan
09-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Beach Club is quite a haul. Could you switch that to another night and get a closer dinner reservation? AKL has some pretty awesome restaurants or Tusker House has good character interaction.
That's a really good idea, but I'm not too interested in anything in the park ....maybe we should scoot over to AKL and try Sanaa? (we like Boma, but have done it a couple times)

ransam
10-06-2017, 05:28 PM
We were there in May. I went w/ my sister and her family and my family. there was some inner confilct and to make a long story short, my brother in law, and my son and his daughter ended up at Animal Kingdom and we were all blow away how awesome it was at night. the river of lights was incredile, and then the projection on the tree of life was wow! and pandora, we didn't want to leave, it was so beautiful.

Cinderelley
10-06-2017, 05:50 PM
That's a really good idea, but I'm not too interested in anything in the park ....maybe we should scoot over to AKL and try Sanaa? (we like Boma, but have done it a couple times)

Sanaa is pretty tasty.

CaptSmee
10-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Sanaa is a good option, however I see no problem with having dinner at Beach Club and checking out AK for a few hours in the evening. We did last month. I just wouldn't waste my time with River of Light

Septbride2002
10-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Sanaa is one of our family’s favorite restaurants. ❤️❤️❤️
Give it a try if you’ve never eaten here before. You won’t regret it!