PDA

View Full Version : magic band and magic express question.

pcoleman
09-17-2017, 02:50 PM
My family usually stays at SOG and drives for our Disney World vacations. DD16 and I decided to take a quick trip for MNSSHP. Have never used magic bands or magic express before. How far ahead of trip can I expect to recieve our ands and luggage tags? We aare so execited to expreience these Disney perks.

VWL Mom
09-17-2017, 03:24 PM
You can go into MDE and customize your bands and colors up to 31 days out. They will normally be mailed at 30 days out or so. Not sure about the luggage tags but I'm sure someone will come along shortly. Enjoy your trip!

kathleen.talamantes.7
09-17-2017, 03:41 PM
We received the luggage tags with the magic bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ransam
09-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Magic bands can be strange. We received our magic bands literally 1 day before we left, and our express luggage tags about 2 weeks out. One thing is they only send one per person. You can call them and request 2 per if you need one, OR you can check your luggage in, and if you don't have the yellow tag, give the luggage tags to the magical express representative at airport and they will retrive your luggaage and take it to your room

Simba's Mom
09-18-2017, 01:52 PM
We just received our luggage tags today, 32 days out. We haven't received our MBs yet.

Fangorn
09-18-2017, 03:05 PM
DME typically sends the yellow luggage tags about 45 days prior to arrival. This assumes you've made the DME reservation prior to that time. If you make the DME reservation inside of that 45 day window, the yellow trashes will be sent out the next business day. FYI - the yellow DME tags are different from the luggage tags that come with a Disney resort package, and referenced to earlier as coming with the Magic Bands.

Magic Bands can be customized up to T - 31 days. On day T - 30, the bands go into production mode. They are shipped on T - 28 days and will be delivered eventually by USPS. The USPS delivery piece is the most random and unknown part of the whole process. Honestly, don't expect them to get to your house for at least 2 weeks after you get the email saying they've shipped. And whatever you do, don't trust, rely on, or get your hopes up from anything you may see as "tracking" information from USPS. They don't really have a process to track anything - I'm convinced anything they show is randomly generated and totally made up. My experience has been the bands arrive at the house 12 days after shipping. 15-18 days after shipping, the tracking info will say the bands will be delivered tomorrow. 2 days later, I'll get an email that they were delivered that day.

Steve

texas211
09-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Tags came about 30 out, MBs came 15 out, another time they came both in the 25 day range.