PDA

View Full Version : An unusual scenario..

SignguyTom
09-15-2017, 06:48 PM
Hello!

My wife and I are going to take our extended family to WDW about a year from now, renting multiple rooms using points (Bank-Use-Borrow). The plan is for 7 nights. Things get a bit convoluted with my sister's boyfriend. He can only go for 4 nights. Once he leaves, my sister will move into our mom's room for the final 3 nights.

Seems simple, right? Well, I started thinking about it and if the DDP is being used, how will that figure into the move. Will we have to do 2 separate ressies for my mom (4 night-3 night)? Can my sister buy 4 nights of DDP for her BF and 7 nights of DDP for her and just take the balance with her?

Member services is busy right now with complications from Irma and requests that I call back if not travelling in the next 7 days. We are just a couple days away from needing to know how this will work, though. Has anyone done a similar trip? Any insights?

Thank you in advance!

VWL Mom
09-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to book your sister with your mom for the full 7 nights (if there's space) and book her BF in the room alone for 4 nights. That way she would have the full DDP, your mom would not have to move, and BF would get the 4 night DDP. Once down there BF would be able to get a keycard for the room and he would give it to her.

For charging purposes your mom could add her cc and your sister can add her cc so their charges would be separate. This can be done at the front desk when you arrive.

WiltonJohn
09-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Member services is busy right now with complications from Irma and requests that I call back if not travelling in the next 7 days. We are just a couple days away from needing to know how this will work, though.

I was reluctant to call in also.

We were at our 11 month window deadline, and I needed to add a couple of days to the 7 that the RAT allows you to book at one time. Instead of calling ... I booked 7 days online via the RAT. Then waited until the window opened up for the missing days. Those separate days then needed to be added to the existing reservation.

I talked to DVC Member Services on the CHAT function. In spite of the "........next 7 days......' notice on the phone lines.... the CHAT Cast Member said to call in anyway. Not an issue.

I then called and talked to a Cast Member on the phone. She said that the calls they don't want coming in at the moment are people who have things that are NOT at ALL time sensitive or urgent....... and that stuff like the 11 month and 7 month booking windows is just FINE to call in about. She said 'you wouldn't believe what people are still calling in about anyway'. Stuff that could wait a month with no consequences.

SO if you are at that deadline point........ I think just call. And if you have questions... use the CHAT function before you call.

That's my $0.02 worth.

best,

.................john

SignguyTom
09-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Excellent info! Thanks , guys!