PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Presidents

mickeys_princess
09-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Has anyone heard anything about expected dates on reopening of Hall of Presidents?

bdm@pga
09-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Haven't hear anything but I am sure when it does it will be "greatly anticipated" and "huge".."the biggest grand opening the world has every seen. Trust me"..but the media will give us "false facts" about the success of it!
:blush::secret::cool:

ThanxForNoticin
09-15-2017, 12:27 PM
It's really odd that it is so delayed. I seem to recall originally they were talking about June. And now here we are in September with no date announced. There must be something more going on than just adding a new President to the show.

joanna71985
09-15-2017, 12:45 PM
I heard a rumor of Dec (but I wouldn't say no to it reopening in 4 years)

texas211
09-15-2017, 03:09 PM
I wish when they open, I could get a " Disney, Making America Great Again" hat. I'd go, see Trump take "office" twice.

VWL Mom
09-15-2017, 03:52 PM
*****MODERATOR ALERT*******
The OP simply asked about a reopening date, lets keep this thread on task or it will be closed. This is not a political forum.

VWL Mom
09-15-2017, 03:59 PM
It's really odd that it is so delayed. I seem to recall originally they were talking about June. And now here we are in September with no date announced. There must be something more going on than just adding a new President to the show.

This was posted on the DPBlog (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/06/latest-on-enhancement-to-the-hall-of-presidents-at-magic-kingdom-park/) on June 27th

Since the Magic Kingdom Park opened in 1971, The Hall of Presidents has brought together a one-of-a-kind look at the office of the President of the United States through film and the magic of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics technology. Despite some media reports to the contrary, President Trump will have a speaking role in The Hall of Presidents, like every president since 1993. We have been working closely with the current White House — just as we have with previous administrations — and the president’s recording session has been scheduled. The attraction will re-open in late 2017.

Whenever we refurbish one of our attractions, we take the opportunity to consider a broad range of enhancements. In this case, The Hall of Presidents is getting a new show, and a complete theater upgrade including a new sound system, lighting and high-definition projection system. The multi-screen viewing experience you may have seen in prior versions of the attraction is returning with an even wider vantage point of our country’s history.

williamabutler
09-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Glad to see the theater is getting upgraded. It will be nice to see what they have done regarding the "wider vantage point of out country's history". I thought the old show was a bit stale regardless of who the current president was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas211
09-16-2017, 06:09 PM
Glad to see the theater is getting upgraded. It will be nice to see what they have done regarding the "wider vantage point of out country's history". I thought the old show was a bit stale regardless of who the current president was.

The HD of the film will be nice. Like so many others, like Soarin, it needed it. Course, I wish Soarin wouldn't have gotten a new movie. I love HOF movie, as I enjoy American Adventure.

Wayne
09-16-2017, 06:35 PM
I have never been a fan of the speaking role for the current President. I wish it would return to it's pre-1993 roll call in order to take the personalities of the current occupant of the office out of the picture.

williamabutler
09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
I have never been a fan of the speaking role for the current President. I wish it would return to it's pre-1993 roll call in order to take the personalities of the current occupant of the office out of the picture.

I agree, I would love to see this as well especially in our current partisan political climate (as evidenced by the comments whenever HoP comes up).

texas211
09-19-2017, 07:21 PM
I think that's the reason to keep doing it. Everyone gets a turn for a president they do like.

ransam
09-20-2017, 02:49 PM
By no means am I someone who has "sources", but I do know one guy who is an imagineer and he told me that they really have no idea when it will open. And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....
Of course they may still do the original format where President Trump will speak.

texas211
09-20-2017, 06:17 PM
By no means am I someone who has "sources", but I do know one guy who is an imagineer and he told me that they really have no idea when it will open. And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....
Of course they may still do the original format where President Trump will speak.

Nope, to late. You said, its fact :)

bdm@pga
09-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Totally apologize! I was just making a joke, I didn't mean to offend or make a political statement.

Snow's Mom
09-22-2017, 08:34 AM
And while they have said that President Trump will speak, we all know things can change and he mentioned that they have given thoughts to completely changing to where some of the presidents deliver their most famous statements "Ask not what you can do for your country....." "Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." "The only thing to fear is fear itself" "Make america great". etc....

I love that idea! Too bad it's educational, because that means it will never happen.

Dulcee
10-05-2017, 12:46 PM

This would be a very cool idea!

FenwayGirl
10-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Lol

marlyn
10-15-2017, 07:08 PM
:funny:
Haven't hear anything but I am sure when it does it will be "greatly anticipated" and "huge".."the biggest grand opening the world has every seen. Trust me"..but the media will give us "false facts" about the success of it!
:blush::secret::cool:

:funny:

realtreebar
10-27-2017, 10:44 PM
thanks for sharing just wish we could get a date. we will be there in april fingers crossed!!