PDA

View Full Version : Magic Band Question

AvonleaCF
09-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Hi,

Question about Magic Bands.

I've been going to Disney World nearly every year for the past decade, so I have 3 bands on my account. I've been doing solo trips so I just have them for me.

I was supposed to be at Disney this week, but canceled because of Irma. I have my brand new Magic Band for this trip (plus 2 other old ones).

I rebooked my trip for October, and my dad has decided to join me for a few days. We are staying off-site cause there are no rooms on property.

The question is, can I reassign my newest band (never been used) to my dad? I can't figure out how on MDE. If that's not allowed, will this new band work automatically with the tickets I just bought? And for my dad, does he just pick up a standard ticket before we go in? (Side note: no way he'd spend $$ on a band if it wasn't given for free!).

Thanks!

VWL Mom
09-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Unfortunately the bands are not transferable so your dad would just pick up a ticket. You will be able to use your new band (and the older ones) even though you are staying off site. As long as you enter your tickets into MDE the band will be matched.

AvonleaCF
09-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Okay that's what I thought. And yeah I can see our tickets in MDE, and I can see my Magic Bands, but couldn't figure out how to assign one to him. And now I know why! Not a big deal though.