PDA

View Full Version : First time "Milestone" in our "Disney Life"

WiltonJohn
09-12-2017, 04:01 PM
So for the first time ever....... I just booked a second trip to WDW and now have TWO trips scheduled and showing on the DVC member site at the same time. One coming in October for F+W Fest and then another one coming up (with extended family) next August. It felt really weird (and exciting) doing that. Less than a year apart. Amazing. Never thought we'd be doing that.

And it makes the Gold Passes make sense for us....which we already had purchased.

And banked the rest of the points into 2019 use year... so poised to potentially return sometime then also.

I'm likin' this. :yay:

best,

............john

Fangorn
09-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Congrats!

I know the feeling. We currently have 5 reservations showing (although it's really only 2 trips - split-stays).

Steve

Cinderelley
09-13-2017, 03:53 AM
We have a Disneyland trip in November, 2017 and Disney World in Oct, 2018. It is nice. You can be excited for the first trip coming up, and then when you have to leave that one, you can still be excited for the second one.

Mendelson
09-13-2017, 08:49 AM
So for the first time ever....... I just booked a second trip to WDW and now have TWO trips scheduled and showing on the DVC member site at the same time. One coming in October for F+W Fest and then another one coming up (with extended family) next August. It felt really weird (and exciting) doing that. Less than a year apart. Amazing. Never thought we'd be doing that.

And it makes the Gold Passes make sense for us....which we already had purchased.

And banked the rest of the points into 2019 use year... so poised to potentially return sometime then also. I'm likin' this. :yay:

Yes, a sign you've passed over and are perhaps unsavable. I felt myself going down this slippery slope in 2015, the first time we had two trips in the same calendar year. This year will be the second. It's great fun until the money runs out! :-)

cer
09-13-2017, 11:15 AM
It's great fun until the money runs out! :-)

This.

WiltonJohn
09-14-2017, 03:12 PM
I think we are done with "add-on-itus" for the immediate future. We just added a direct contract about a week and a half ago.

Without borrowing of banking we have enough points to basically do a week a year. Which works for us for the foreseeable future.

And yeah... having DVC only covers the ROOM. You still have to get there, get into the parks, and eat. That all is not inexpensive. So yeah....... "til the money runs out".

WiltonJohn
09-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Got the last two days of the August 2018 trip added onto the existing reservation I had made. Couldn't book that part online via the RAT at the time I made the first part of the reservation;..... booking window wouldn't allow it. Member Services did that very nicely for me today and put the two parts together into one. (Wait time was down to about 20 minutes from the hour plus it was a few days ago.)

We were chatting about me not wanting to make the phone call today because they had the message to not call unless you had a reservation in the next couple of days due to the Irma mess. (That's whay IO booked online the other day.) The Cast Member said that calling about a booking that is at the 11 or 7 month window was FINE..... the issue they have is just people calling for things that are not in ANY way urgent or have time consequences that go away quickly.

best,

...................john

WiltonJohn
10-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Clock is ticking for F+W fest...........

best,

..........john

WiltonJohn
11-05-2017, 08:04 PM
OK... Food and Wine Fest trip is in the history books. Had a wonderful but HOT time.

Now we're waiting on the summer 2018 trip with the extended family.

best,

................john