PDA

View Full Version : Marriott's Royal Palms

AvonleaCF
09-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Hello,

I was supposed to be at WDW September 9-16 on a solo trip, staying at BWI. Irma forced me to cancel. But now I'm trying to book a different week but there doesn't seem to be any availability at any Disney resort during any of the weeks I can go. I'm working with Magical Journeys, as I have for the past decade. They're the best, but unfortunately can't make rooms appear.

My parents have graciously offered to gift me with use of their Marriott Time Share and I'm looking at Royal Palms. Any thoughts? It would be way too much space for one person (they only have 2 bedroom units), but hey, they offered.

My biggest fear is how to get to Disney every day. I get very nervous driving in unfamiliar places and would love to avoid renting a car. With the savings I'd have on a resort, I could just Uber every day. Has anyone ever done that? Is that a crazy plan?

I'm mourning the loss of losing all my ADRs and FP+ as it is, and would hate to stay off-site being such a devotee, but I don't want to wait another 6 months before I can go again (no availability next few months and I don't want to book in Jan-Feb cause of snow up here. I canceled once for weather and don't want to again!).

Thanks all!

Mr. Smee
09-09-2017, 05:47 PM
We've used Uber several times on and off property with very good results. What I wold say is this. Temper your expectations. Uber is limited in the places where they can drop you off. But if you are smart, you can work around it. For instance, we had a reservation for an early am backstage tour at MK. We had the driver take us to Contemporary and we walked over. Way better than TTC, where the shared ride drivers need to drop you. Also, they can take you to a resort, and jump on a bus, monorail, boat, whatever.

littlestar
09-09-2017, 10:47 PM
Royal Palms is on the grounds of the Marriott World Center hotel. It is a nice place. We stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We are Disney Vacation Club members and Marriott Vacation Club owners and the quality/experience with both brands are top notch.