PDA

View Full Version : Fop

angela2679
09-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Is this a simulated ride? Does it move at all? Or is it a sit still that is just virtual? I'm pretty scared of heights, even the lift on Soarin (which I still end up riding), so I'm trying to decide if I can deal or not. I can handle Spaceship Earth only because I know in the back of my head I'm in a secluded area. :mickey:

Roger's #1 Fan
09-07-2017, 04:29 PM
So... it's basically Soarin' but you are already in position in front of the screen, so no lift off. A door lifts with some flashes and smoke so you don't see it go up. You are seated in an individual chair, like straddling a horse, and your legs and back are locked in with restraints. The chair moves and breathes (bladders on the sides) along with the movie on the screen.

Its a fantastic ride. I am also afraid of heights, but had no problem with this at all.

angela2679
09-07-2017, 04:33 PM
OK, great. I've really been wanting to try and ride it this November, but was afraid because I didn't know if I could handle it. Thanks so much! Cross your fingers we can actually get a FP for it :thumbsup:

Roger's #1 Fan
09-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Let me put it to you this way.... if you can't get a FP, shoot for an early afternoon standby once the morning rush is over. We did this and waited about 90 minutes. It was definitely worth the wait, and I am not one to wait more than 45 minutes for something.

angela2679
09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Let me put it to you this way.... if you can't get a FP, shoot for an early afternoon standby once the morning rush is over. We did this and waited about 90 minutes. It was definitely worth the wait, and I am not one to wait more than 45 minutes for something.

The hubby isn't much of a waiter, but I have no problem. Do you know what time at your date you're allowed to log in and attempt?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-07-2017, 07:15 PM
The hubby isn't much of a waiter, but I have no problem. Do you know what time at your date you're allowed to log in and attempt?

FP selection starts at 7am EST. Good Luck!