PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane update - Thursday

WDWdriver
09-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Disney has announced the following schedule changes in anticipation of disruptions caused by Hurricane Irma:

Theme Parks
Night of Joy has been canceled on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.
The Night of Joy performances on Friday night will take place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex as planned, while Saturday night’s performances have been canceled due to Hurricane Irma.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017. Guests are invited to exchange their Sunday, Sept. 10 event tickets for a number of alternate options.

Water Parks
Due to forecasted inclement weather, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will be closed Friday, September 8 and Saturday, September 9.

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will remain open for Guests during this time.

Mickey’s Retreat
Due to forecasted inclement weather and storm preparations, Mickey’s Retreat will be closed Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10.

Fangorn
09-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Ok, this has got to be the funniest (and most ironic) thing I've seen in a long time...

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will remain open for Guests during this time.

:thumbsup:

Steve

angela2679
09-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Ok, this has got to be the funniest (and most ironic) thing I've seen in a long time...

:thumbsup:

Steve

Haha!! I thought the same. Had to reread it a couple of times to make sure that I read it properly :confused:

buzznwoodysmom
09-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Have I been living under a rock? What is Mickey's Retreat? Have never heard of this before.

WDWdriver
09-07-2017, 05:04 PM
New update:
Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground

Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground will close beginning Saturday afternoon (9/9).
Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ have been canceled for Saturday (9/9), Sunday (9/10) and Monday (9/11).

Fangorn
09-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Have I been living under a rock? What is Mickey's Retreat? Have never heard of this before.

It's a recreational area for CMs.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Steve

buzznwoodysmom
09-07-2017, 07:01 PM
It's a recreational area for CMs.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Steve

I guess you really do learn something new everyday!

Ms. Mode
09-07-2017, 08:04 PM
I've never heard of it either! :blush:

texas211
09-07-2017, 08:14 PM
I want a shirt that says, I weathered Irma at Typhoon Lagoon.

mgmnut
09-08-2017, 07:21 AM
I want a shirt that says, I weathered Irma at Typhoon Lagoon.

Just may need to create something along those lines at Design a Tee at DIsney Springs.