PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irma Outlook

WDWdriver
09-07-2017, 08:40 AM
As of now (8:30 AM 9/7/2017) Disney World is open. All theme parks, water parks, resorts and transportation system are operating normally. Disney is monitoring Irma's path and has begun regular updates to Cast Members.

The first impacts of the storm will arrive in the WDW area on Sunday. It is too early to predict what actions Disney will take. Based on past experience, and further based on the current forecast storm path, we can expect that Disney will close all theme parks, water parks and Disney Springs. Resort hotels will likely remain occupied, except for Fort Wilderness which will be evacuated.

To be clear, this is not yet Disney's decision. It is my personal opinion based on previous WDW operations during hurricanes. I live in the area and have access to Disney's Cast Member information releases. I will try to provide updates as they occur.

faline
09-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Ron. I hope everyone who is there during the course of this storm will remain safe.

Cinderelley
09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Stay safe

azcavalier
09-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Thanks! We are coming in on Saturday, mid-day. We figure that Sunday evening the parks will close and likely stay closed through Monday, opening again on Tuesday. We're just bringing some games and movies to keep us occupied at Old Key West while the parks are closed.

texas211
09-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Stitch's Great Escape seems to be the best place to wait out a storm. Nothing seems to be able to take it out...

Mr. Mouse 2 You
09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Thanks! We are coming in on Saturday, mid-day.
Not to be a downer, but if you're flying into MCO I'd probably have to give that flight a 50-50 chance of being cancelled. The last thing the airlines want is to have their equipment sitting in the storm's path. :(

Zippy 1
09-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Blizzard Beach closing 9/8-9/9. Night of Joy cancelled for Saturday 9/9. MNSSHP cancelled for Sunday. More info to come this evening

azcavalier
09-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Not to be a downer, but if you're flying into MCO I'd probably have to give that flight a 50-50 chance of being cancelled. The last thing the airlines want is to have their equipment sitting in the storm's path. :(

Driving down.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
09-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Oh good!!! Just be safe, and enjoy your trip.

Cinderelley
09-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Stitch's Great Escape seems to be the best place to wait out a storm. Nothing seems to be able to take it out...

lol.

#1donaldfan
09-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Thanks! We are coming in on Saturday, mid-day. We figure that Sunday evening the parks will close and likely stay closed through Monday, opening again on Tuesday. We're just bringing some games and movies to keep us occupied at Old Key West while the parks are closed.

How'd it go driving down Saturday ??? I'm sure we saw you, as we were heading out that day ... there were very few cars heading south .... the traffic was perfect coming out of Florida and Georgia, approx 3 AM but South Carolina was a bumper to bumper crawl nearly the entire way ... we decided to stay on 26 and went into Pigeon Forge ... there were TONS of displaced Floridians there ....