PDA

View Full Version : @thebucketlistfamily

baldburke
09-05-2017, 10:36 PM
I'm just testing the waters here, but does anyone else see the postings for @thebucklistfamily on WDW's Instagram account? Is it just me or does anyone else find them irksome? I'm just wondering if Disney really thought that 30 stays in 30 days advertising program through well? Not only is Disney paying these people to stay on property and promote for them for, but they are doing it under the most unrealistic of circumstances. Who knows, maybe it was all filmed in a week. I would have been more impressed if Disney had promoted 30 stays for very deserving families. Hopefully no one finds this post offensive. I just wasn't overly thrilled with the program and won't miss it when it's gone.

VWL Mom
09-06-2017, 05:53 AM
I can attest that it is being filmed over 30 days since they were staying at BRV last week when we were there and I was talking to the filming crew, I think it was day 15 and they were exhausted. From what I understand (could be wrong) Disney heard they were doing this and then offered to be part of it.

Personally I'm a bit envious of them overall, to travel the world as a family at their age is awesome in my opinion. And, of course, being a multimillionaire in your 20's ain't too shabby either. Darn me for making my kids put down their video games when they were younger lol.

buzznwoodysmom
09-06-2017, 08:08 AM
I don't have a problem with it at all, and have been periodically checking out their videos. It is my understanding that they earned their fortune themselves. I have also read that they have personally given away vacations to other families. I think its pretty amazing to be able to travel the world like this. Good for them!

azcavalier
09-07-2017, 08:47 AM
I believe he came up with an app while as an undergraduate, and within a couple of years sold it for upwards of $50 million. I don't begrudge that at all. It has made me wonder what I would do if I all of a sudden had a $50 million idea.

And I think that my wife would say:

1. We're doing ALL of the Disney parks. Not 30 stays in 30 days, but Disney Around The World. We'd probably take a Disney Cruise or two as well.

2. We'd start hitting all of the U.S. National Parks. Well, we're doing that already, but it's much slower going when you have to earn a living every day.