PDA

View Full Version : Worth making ADRs during Food & Wine Festival?

Mr. Mouse 2 You
08-25-2017, 07:16 PM
Heading down for our first Food & Wine Festival for a weekend in October, and I'm semi-envisioning a feeding frenzy while walking around EPCOT... which makes me wonder if there's any reason to make ADRs for sit down dinner while there. Can any F&W Festival veterans out there offer any advice?

texas211
08-25-2017, 08:05 PM
Dont waste your time with anything other than FW. Too tasty, and too much to enjoy.

Kairi_7378
08-25-2017, 08:28 PM
We have done the F&W Festival and I think that it can be a bit difficult to make a full meal out of a day there. The portions are a bit small and the lines can take a while to get through. I would still make ADR's and review the F&W menu to fill in with targeted, interesting snacks and/or drinks.

Cinderelley
08-25-2017, 09:58 PM
I get full walking around and tasting the offerings. If you are a picky eater or don't want to spend like $4 or $5 on each sampler to get full, I would just pick a few things to try and make an ADR for something you know you like.

bleen3162
08-25-2017, 10:16 PM
We love the Food Festival, headed down end of September. We don't waste the time for sit down dinners so only do counter service meals. We usually have good breakfast, light lunch then spend evenings in Epcot tasting all the different items. If you are paying cash at the festival. I suggest you buy a gift card to track your spending. It adds up fast

AvonleaCF
08-25-2017, 10:35 PM
Last year I did F&W for lunch. After 5 items I was so stuffed I could barely eat dinner that night. I'm by no means a small eater either! I say skip the ADR. The restaurants will always be there but the booths are special.

Crow
08-26-2017, 12:54 AM
thats my problem...I eat every trip at Tokyo Dining and usually another place or 2 at Epcot, but during F&W theres so much to sample. I will be there in a few weeks and am debating what to do. prob make 1 or 2 ADR on days i wont be in Epcot

texas211
08-26-2017, 04:09 PM
We have done the F&W Festival and I think that it can be a bit difficult to make a full meal out of a day there. The portions are a bit small and the lines can take a while to get through. I would still make ADR's and review the F&W menu to fill in with targeted, interesting snacks and/or drinks.

Is it you don't prefer the foods offered, or what is it? I can't see not being full, and I'm sure I can eat more than anyone else on this board, and am fairly picky.

I agree w/ others, do the ADR on non Epcot days.

And you must visit New Zealand and Japan.

lawgirl
08-26-2017, 06:12 PM
For us, and it has been a while since we've been to F/W, but I found the lines to be really long, and it was chaotic...I was just wanting a quiet place to sit down and eat. For me its worth making ADR's and just snacking at the booths. I love the idea, but when its crowded, it was more stressful than fun. And it was really hot when we went, so there's that too. I think its really personal opinion...my hubby doesn't mind heat, crowds and chaos, but I do. I prefer a relatively quiet sit-down meal.

texas211
08-26-2017, 07:41 PM
And it was really hot when we went, so there's that too. I think its really personal opinion...my hubby doesn't mind heat, crowds and chaos, but I do. I prefer a relatively quiet sit-down meal.

Just have to drink more frozen drinks as you go. :cool: I highly recommend the lemon citron vodka drinks in France.. MMM

lawgirl
08-27-2017, 05:32 PM
Just have to drink more frozen drinks as you go. :cool: I highly recommend the lemon citron vodka drinks in France.. MMM

That does sound amazing and would help:)

Cinderelley
08-28-2017, 02:14 AM

I will have to try this now.

texas211
08-28-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeap, I'm double fisting those. I usually have between 2-4. They are great.

Roger's #1 Fan
08-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Last year was our first F&W and we are taking our friends down this year to join us. There is sooo much food that we found it necessary to do it over 2 days, trying to cover half the booths each time.
A good game plan that we found useful was to print out the full menu and highlight those selections we were interested in. This way, we gauged how much food we would be eating and set a limit. We often shared most items so that we could try a lot of things without spending too much $$.

Simba's Mom
08-29-2017, 01:54 PM
We found that after a few days of F&W, we liked sitting down and being served a "regular" meal for a change. If we were spending a couple days at the F&W, we wouldn't do ADRs, but we stay at an Epcot resort and spend the entire week in Epcot at the F&W.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
09-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Many thanks everybody. LOL, but it looked pretty evenly split between "Yes, make them" and "No, don't bother", however there were a few inputs (& personal considerations) that made me lean toward "Yes".

Ultimately decided on:
- 9:00 ADR at Tokyo Dining on Sat - putting us in a great location for that night's 10:00 Illuminations
- 9:00 ADR at Narcoossee's on Sun - so we can watch the 10:15 HalloWishes from the deck, followed by the Electrical Water Pageant

Since it'll just be the 2 of us, it'll be nice to do some things we wouldn't normally consider doing with the kids along. ;)

Cinderelley
09-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Many thanks everybody. LOL, but it looked pretty evenly split between "Yes, make them" and "No, don't bother", however there were a few inputs (& personal considerations) that made me lean toward "Yes".

Ultimately decided on:
- 9:00 ADR at Tokyo Dining on Sat - putting us in a great location for that night's 10:00 Illuminations
- 9:00 ADR at Narcoossee's on Sun - so we can watch the 10:15 HalloWishes from the deck, followed by the Electrical Water Pageant

Since it'll just be the 2 of us, it'll be nice to do some things we wouldn't normally consider doing with the kids along. ;)

Sounds very romantic. :)