PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the night time shows

NY GOOFY
08-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Planning an upcoming trip and trying to figure out the best night time shows to prioritize. Hoping some of you experts out there could rank the shows from 1-6:
Once Upon a Time Castle Projection (MK)
Happily Ever After Fireworks (MK)
Illuminations (EPCOT)
Fantasmic (HS)
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (HS)
Rivers of Light (AK)

cer
08-22-2017, 03:51 PM
So, I don't have a strong opinion on this question, but the two shows in the MK are pretty much back to back and can be done at the same time, so I'd do those both on the same night and not count them separately. I would not miss MK night-time shows just because fireworks at MK is just what you must do.

I think if you look at the times guide, you may have the same type of situation with the night-time shows at Hollywood Studios as well.

If I were to rank them...

1MK
2AK
3EP
4HS

The shows at MK and AK are new to me and that's why I'd make sure to do them. EP gets its place because of the age of the show, but gets high marks for music. HS... Fantasmic is good, but we've done it a lot and if you can walk in or FP and not have to wait with the crowds it is so much better, but I don't need to do Star Wars shows.

Good luck and what ever you decide, I know you will have a great vacation!

texas211
08-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Fantasmic. Drops mic.

ThanxForNoticin
08-23-2017, 12:59 PM
So, I don't have a strong opinion on this question, but the two shows in the MK are pretty much back to back and can be done at the same time, so I'd do those both on the same night and not count them separately. I would not miss MK night-time shows just because fireworks at MK is just what you must do.

I think if you look at the times guide, you may have the same type of situation with the night-time shows at Hollywood Studios as well.

If I were to rank them...

1MK
2AK
3EP
4HS

The shows at MK and AK are new to me and that's why I'd make sure to do them. EP gets its place because of the age of the show, but gets high marks for music. HS... Fantasmic is good, but we've done it a lot and if you can walk in or FP and not have to wait with the crowds it is so much better, but I don't need to do Star Wars shows.

Good luck and what ever you decide, I know you will have a great vacation!

I agree with this assessment and ranking. But I would add a 7th to the list - if you have the projection show on the castle at MK on your list, you need to include the projection show on the Tree Of Life at AK. The one at AK is very unique and very entertaining - with shorter, but more numerous shows. Have a great time!

Roger's #1 Fan
08-24-2017, 04:13 PM
I have seen all of these over the last several months. My rankings:
1 - Happily Ever After Fireworks (MK)
2 - Fantasmic (HS)
3 - Illuminations (EPCOT)
4 - Once Upon a Time Castle Projection (MK)
5 - Rivers of Light (AK)
6 - Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (HS)

HEA is a great show and I have made a point to see it several times now. Far and above all the other shows
Fantasmic and Illuminations are a close 2/3 for me. They are both showing their age and in need of an update.
OAAT is a cute show, but I actually left MK the other night right after HEA since its just OK.
ROL could be a great show if they could figure out how to make it a more coherent storyline. Its very pretty but lacks a grand finale and engaging characters
SWGS, what can I say, I am a big Star Wars fan and it was unwatchable for me. Not very interesting or engaging.

KAJUNKING
08-25-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Once Upon a Time Castle Projection (MK)
4 Happily Ever After Fireworks (MK)
1 Illuminations (EPCOT)
2 Fantasmic (HS)
3 Star Wars Galactic Spectacular (HS)
6 Rivers of Light (AK)