PDA

View Full Version : Stitch's Escape

texas211
08-19-2017, 01:01 PM
So, I know most of us hate that attraction. So we don't want to delve into why we hate it.

I would like to hear from those that like/love the attraction, and why. What aspects whether its the ride, a strong following of Stitch, whatever?

BIGDOG
08-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Mmm ... It is air conditioned and something to do while my kids are in line for space mountain.

texas211
08-19-2017, 05:59 PM
So does the men's room. I'm not going to sit there unless I have to :)

Cinderelley
08-20-2017, 09:46 AM
So does the men's room. I'm not going to sit there unless I have to :)

Lol

azcavalier
08-20-2017, 08:47 PM
I'll come to Stitch's defense. I think the attraction is OK. It's not a must-do, but it's also not a "no way", either.

Now, I do love the movie. I like the Stitch character, and the story about how he is redeemed. And after visiting Hawai'i in February, I love it even more.

Regarding the ride/attraction, I never experiences what was there before, so I can't comment as to how much better/worse the Stitch ride is compared to it. What I do love about the ride is the humor, and the technical aspects of it. I think that the Audio-Animatronics for both Stitch and the guns are super cool. In fact, the only thing I don't like about the ride is the chili-dog burp smell. But you know what I do? HOLD MY BREATH for two seconds, and then blow the scent away. Problem solved.

angela2679
08-21-2017, 08:20 AM
In fact, the only thing I don't like about the ride is the chili-dog burp smell. But you know what I do? HOLD MY BREATH for two seconds, and then blow the scent away. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

LOL.. I do the same!

PopPhan
08-21-2017, 09:50 AM
Most of the people that loathe the attraction, as it stands, remember what the original ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter attraction was like and base their hate on that. If it wasn't for that basis, the bashing would not be QUITE as bad, but it IS a 'weak' attraction nonetheless.

My biggest hassle with it is that I just think Stitch is annoying, period.

jennsky
08-24-2017, 02:27 PM
I think the only reason my family likes it is because my son is a big Stitch fan. He's 8 years old so it is perfect for him. It's a good time filler for families with little kids. The seats with their harnesses can be intimidating for young ones though who are unsure of what's going to happen.

Looking back though, I did enjoy the ExtraTerrorestrial Alien Encounter and do agree that it was much better...definitely more scary with the alien breathing down the back of my neck. But Disney needs to have attractions for all different ages and thrill levels so I suppose the Stitch version fills a need.

texas211
08-26-2017, 03:57 PM
See, that spot has no love from me. I didnt care for Extra, Stitch or Mission.

Would love to see a good attraction take its place. Something fun.

DizneyFreak2002
08-29-2017, 07:16 PM
The Stitch AA is one of the best Disney has built... Other than that, as much as I love the little blue alien, if Stitch were to be closed down for good tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it...

Giggy
09-10-2017, 05:44 PM
We have been at WDW the last two weeks and it was closed on the three days we were in Magic Kingdom. Is there a reason it has been closed these days or is it just seasonal now?

Fangorn
09-10-2017, 05:53 PM
It's been seasonal for right at a year now.

Steve

texas211
09-10-2017, 07:06 PM
National burp smell shortage forcing seasonal.