PDA

View Full Version : Express Bus Service - done

cer
08-17-2017, 03:53 PM
My husband told me yesterday that the Express Bus Service will be ending or has already ended. It had only been around (I think) since January 2017. I don't know how well it was received or if many guests took advantage of this extra service. When we went in February it was $24/guest for 7 days of park-to-park transportation.

I hate to see this go. It was so nice, because they had cast members standing to receive you and you knew exactly when the bus would arrive/depart. If you were running behind or your fast passes were close to expiration, they would make the adjustment for you so you did not have to race or worry about getting there in your window. The bus was virtually empty each time we went on, but the VERY BEST THING about this service is that you only had to go through security once. Since the bus pick-up and drop-off locations were in the interior of the park, you never had to walk out of the park to the bus stops and go through the hassle of re-entry.

Did anyone else ever enjoy this service?

Did you also hear it was going away?

BriarRose0708
08-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Yes, it is going away. From what I understand, it didn't get enough use to sustain the service. I never used it, but I did read positive reviews like yours.

mgmnut
08-17-2017, 07:32 PM
I was so looking forward to it but unfortunately it ends right before our trip in September. I'm not sure if they gave it enough time to see if it caught on, and I've never seen any advertisement for it previously. Maybe they just needed to promote it more. It would even work right along with the Minnie Van service, not everyone will pay $20 a trip for a Minnie van ride but I would pay $29 for 7 days of express hoping by passing security etc.

texas211
08-17-2017, 08:12 PM
Yeah, gone. If you wanted somewhat quicker service, you can do the Minnie vans, but you'll still need to go through security.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-17-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm another who LOVED it, but I think they did a fairly lousy job of advertising it, so it never got the critical mass it needed.

I'm bummed though, we were planning on it for our trip next week.

RunDMV
08-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Ive heard this tune enough to see what's going on here (because Disney has made a cynic of me).

It was nothing more than a test platform to create something to separate you from your money. And insult to injury, Disney got the guests to pay for the testing.

What am I talking about?

remember those little pins you bought that blinked in preset patterns depending on where you were in the park? That was a test platform for Pal Mickey. Pal Mickey was a test platform for the FP+ system.

texas211
08-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Ive heard this tune enough to see what's going on here (because Disney has made a cynic of me).

It was nothing more than a test platform to create something to separate you from your money. And insult to injury, Disney got the guests to pay for the testing.

What am I talking about?

remember those little pins you bought that blinked in preset patterns depending on where you were in the park? That was a test platform for Pal Mickey. Pal Mickey was a test platform for the FP+ system.

Not alone. Excellent points.

brad192
08-19-2017, 06:45 PM
NUTS! I just found out about this service, and was going to use it for ICOT20! Why didn't they promote this more? Super convenient, priced right, and faster than other transportation options. I bet if more people knew about this, it would have been a hit! Oh well, back to the buses...

amorillo
08-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Disappointed. I was really looking forward to trying this out for our upcoming Oct/Nov trip....