PDA

View Full Version : What attractions have been added since 2008?

BriarRose
08-10-2017, 01:16 PM
We are in the "talking" phase of planning a trip next year. It has been since November 2008 since we have been there and I know there have been many changes since then! Does anyone know where I can get a list of attractions added since then?

faline
08-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Yes, there have been a lot of changes in the last nine years - both additions and closures - or planned closures.

Snow White's Scary Adventures is gone. There is a meet and greet in its place.
Fantasyland was expanded and Toon Town is gone. The Seven Dwarves Mine Train was added along with a new ride based on the Little Mermaid.
The Main Street Bakery is now a Starbucks and Starbucks are located in other areas of the parks as well.
Test Track was revamped. Personally, I like the old version better.
The fireworks show in the Magic Kingdom has changed.
Avatar has opened in Animal Kingdom.
Rivers of Light is a new night show in Animal Kingdom.
There are a number of closures in Disney Studios as they ramp up for the building/opening of the Star Wars area and an expanded Toy Story area.
The Frozen ride in Epcot is new and replaced Maelstrom.

I'm sure others can think of things I've missed.

Snow's Mom
08-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Our last trip was 2011. I was wondering the same thing. I searched "wdw attractions opening dates" online and found chronological lists for each park, but you could just check out a list of current attractions and figure it out from there.

We're looking forward to Frozen, 7 Dwarves, Pandora rides and the updates to various rides we've been on before. Fantasyland has had dramatic changes. I'm really looking forward to our trip, even though most of the new projects won't be done. There have been a lot of changes for you to look forward to!

bleen3162
08-10-2017, 05:07 PM
There have been so many changes at WDW that it is hard to keep up! There is one website that I like that gives updates on closures and refurbs. It is allears.net. I think you will enjoy it too.
Next trip end of September !!!!!Epcot Food and Wine Festival!!!!

BIGDOG
08-10-2017, 05:55 PM
does the starbucks take normal starbucks gift cards?

texas211
08-11-2017, 01:40 AM
Soarin has a new video.
Mission Space has now green and puke levels. So 2 choices.
U of Energy will be closed.
ToT is now Guardians of the Galaxy.
Great Movie Ride is gone. Along w/ most of Hollywood Studios.
Animal Kingdom has Nemo the Musical (replaced Tarzan)
FP is gone, replaced w/ the new FP+ system. Research the mechanics of this well.
Backstage tour is gone.
POTC, HM has some nice new effects. Well, POTC some like, some don't (I'm in this camp).
Tons of new restaurants everywhere.
Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney, will be totally unrecognizable. Its great.

NewDVCowner
08-11-2017, 09:31 AM
TOT only changed to Guardians in Disneyland. The ride in Florida has not changed.

PopPhan
08-11-2017, 01:58 PM
does the starbucks take normal starbucks gift cards?

Yes, they all do.

disneycutie165
08-11-2017, 03:32 PM
There are also some awesome Star Wars fireworks that have been added to Hollywood Studios. They are my personal favorite.