PDA

View Full Version : Epcot questions

Mary Chase
08-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Trying to plan our trip and determine how much time we want to spend in each park. We haven't been to Disney in two years - (since november 2015) - and I haven't kept up as much on Disney news as I usually do.

Epcot - the only thing I know of that has changed since then is the Frozen ride has opened. I thought I had heard things about the exhibits in Innoventions closing - we saw things like the Great Piggy Bank Adventure was gone (bummer for us - bc our kids really liked that). When we went into Innoventions the last trip, it looked pretty bare. Is Sum of All Thrills still there? The kids really like that as well and I seem to recall hearing that might possibly be going too.

I'm sure the fast pass for Illuminations was there when we were there last - but I can't remember. Where is the viewing area for that? We aren't thinking about getting fast passes for that - just trying to determine where the best place to watch it would be. Anyone have a favorite spot? How early do you get there to get a spot? We are going over the holidays so I assume it will be pretty crowded.

Thanks! Just getting back into the groove on the Disney trip planning and realizing I have a lot of questions!

Fangorn
08-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Not a lot has changed from 2015.

As you mentioned,

- Frozen opened
- Innoventions is closed/nothing there
- A third theatre for Soarin' has been added. Making for shorter waits

But the time you go, you'll find these
- Mission Space will have new missions. There will still be Green and Orange, but they will each have a different mission.
- Construction will probably have begun on a new space - themed restaurant attached to Mission Space
- Universe of Energy will be closed in preparation for removal and replacement of a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.
- Likely construction will have begun on the new Ratatouille ride in France

The FP area for Illuminations is between the two stores as you head toward WS from Spaceship Earth.

Steve

texas211
08-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Soarin has a different movie now.. Soarin around the world.

mgmnut
08-05-2017, 04:19 PM
Is Sum of All Thrills still there?

No, I believe this closed last fall

CynBeth
08-05-2017, 09:23 PM
You will want 2 - 2 1/2 days to experience FW plus WS with the storytellers and CP.

texas211
08-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Are you going during the Food and Wine? If so, that is something to behold.

Mary Chase
08-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Are you going during the Food and Wine? If so, that is something to behold.

No - not this time. We have been there for it before and would love to go back during that time again - but need to stick with school breaks for now.

DisneyFan1979
08-07-2017, 12:17 PM
I'm sure the fast pass for Illuminations was there when we were there last - but I can't remember. Where is the viewing area for that? We aren't thinking about getting fast passes for that - just trying to determine where the best place to watch it would be. Anyone have a favorite spot? How early do you get there to get a spot? We are going over the holidays so I assume it will be pretty crowded.

Thanks! Just getting back into the groove on the Disney trip planning and realizing I have a lot of questions!

If you aren't in a rush to leave the park, I particularly enjoy watching Illuminations from Italy and Morocco--if it is an average crowds type of day you only have to get there 5 min before start for a great view. Also, the lower area in front of the France bridge is very nice if it is not closed for a private party.

Mary Chase
08-07-2017, 08:56 PM
If you aren't in a rush to leave the park, I particularly enjoy watching Illuminations from Italy and Morocco--if it is an average crowds type of day you only have to get there 5 min before start for a great view. Also, the lower area in front of the France bridge is very nice if it is not closed for a private party.

Thank you so much for the recommendation. My kids hate to spend a lot of time sitting to get a spot for a show - so I'm glad to know there is a spot with a good view that is less crowded. We never make our way that far back because we are usually in a hurry to get to the buses after the show - however this year we'll be staying at Beach Club and are really looking forward to being able to walk back to our hotel and not have to worry about the bus lines! So I'll be sure to try this one out.

texas211
08-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Thank you so much for the recommendation. My kids hate to spend a lot of time sitting to get a spot for a show - so I'm glad to know there is a spot with a good view that is less crowded. We never make our way that far back because we are usually in a hurry to get to the buses after the show - however this year we'll be staying at Beach Club and are really looking forward to being able to walk back to our hotel and not have to worry about the bus lines! So I'll be sure to try this one out.

You can also try for reservations at La Hacienda, during that time.

DisneyFan1979
08-08-2017, 12:31 PM

You're very welcome! Enjoy your trip!

Speedy1998
08-09-2017, 12:34 PM

Be warned if you are going during the Holiday season anywhere near the Amierican Pavilion will be a nightmare to watch illuminations from. The crowd leaving the last Candlelight processional of the evening will be trying to locate a spot to watch illuminations from.