PDA

View Full Version : What time does Magic Kingdom open the gates now that the pre-show is near the castle?

Gregandmel
08-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what time they start letting people into the park (even though I know you are stopped by the rope and can't get into any "land" until official park opening).

I've heard rumors that they are allowing guests in early to get coffee, shop, etc... and watch the pre-show. Just trying to plan on what time to arrive. If the park opens at 9:00am, are they allowing guests in at 8:30am? 8:45am?

Thanks!

mgmnut
08-04-2017, 11:24 AM
I have the same question so hopefully someone will confirm for sure.

From my research I am hearing 1 hour before opening, 9am opening you can get onto Main Street at 8am. Not sure if that would also apply to morning extra magic hours.

MIKESMOM
08-06-2017, 06:27 AM
I believe they start letting people in one hour before official park opening.:mickey:

j2k
08-07-2017, 04:04 PM
We arrived around 8:30 and went straight through security and into the park. We took our time taking pictures and strolling Main street and the areas there. The line for Starbucks was long so I did get any because we wanted a good spot for the opening show. We hung out by Walt's statue to watch the opening show. I was told at that time they were letting people in about an hour before opening.

andypooh
08-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Where do they do the opening show now and what does it entail?

azcavalier
08-16-2017, 08:46 AM
The opening show is now on the stage area in the front of the castle. If you want to be at one of the ropes to get into a particular land as early as possible, you can't see the show, but you can hear it. We've seen it twice now, and really miss the old show. I get why they've changed it...it's nice to be able to just mosey down Main Street and not feel rushed, plus it makes crowd control a lot easier. But the new opening show leaves a lot to be desired.

It was so underwhelming, I can't even remember exactly what happens in the show. It is characters from the movies (not residents of Main Street U.S.A.), and it's more about "magic". I don't know. We kind of hate it.

pcoleman
08-30-2017, 03:21 PM
IS this the same for morning EMHs? If park oens at 8am for EMH do they let you in at 7?