PDA

View Full Version : Resale Question

Mary Chase
08-01-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm looking at buying resale (for my first DVC purchase) at a specific (seemingly very popular, hard to get) resort and a relatively low number of points (around 100). I'd like recommendations on time share re-sellers that people have used. It seems like there are a lot out there and I'm not sure which would be best to go with. I am frustrated because as soon as I see listings go up for what I want/can afford - they seem to go to "sale pending" the same day.

Any recommendations are very much appreciated!

dlpmikki
08-01-2017, 12:30 PM
The best resalers I have dealt with are the very ones that sponsor Intercot. If you go to The Timeshare Store via the Intercot (http://www.dvc-resales.com/)link it will be helping this site as well as you!

dnickels
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM
You should also contact some of the sales reps/professionals/etc. from the sites you're looking at and have them contact you as soon as something in the range of what you want is coming in or about to come in. If it's a hard to get resort they probably have a list of people waiting already, that's why you're seeing things go from posted to pending so quickly. If you wait for those hard to get listings to come up on their site it's probably already too late.

missymouseworld
08-02-2017, 02:19 PM
We used the The Timeshare Store which is the Intercot sponsor when we purchased in 2015. If you register for their emails, you will get updates on the available contracts. We are currently and have been looking for a small contract at our home resort and found that they go really quickly....however, if you look on their Facebook site, they usually post new listings at 2pm each day, which is before it goes on their website.

Good luck. :mickey:

WiltonJohn
08-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Very happy with the Timeshare Store in the dealings we have had with them.

Note that at the moment it appears to be a "seller's market". Stuff is going at high prices and fast. That should cycle lower soon (hopefully).

best,

............john

mydisneygirls
08-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Just make sure when you purchase you check to see if there are any banked points or if the points have been borrowed for future year(s)! Check around because a lot of re-sellers have different prices per points.