PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland with young children.

Cinderelley
08-01-2017, 07:02 AM
With a 3 and 5 year old on our trip, I was planning on starting one morning in Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland. Is that what you guys normally do? How long does it take? Should I plan on that being the only thing we get done before nap time back at the resort? Will the seven year old get so bored that I should mix it up with something else?

Altair
08-01-2017, 07:57 AM
At the slower times of year, if you arrive at opening and go straight to Peter Pan, you can do all the rides multiple times in one to two hours. Unless patterns have changed.

Disney Doll
08-01-2017, 01:56 PM
My kids are 4, 7, and 9. We start in Fantasyland and generally do spend the first half of the day there. With the Fantasyland expansion it's more than a couple of hours for us. Plus, we're usually ready for lunch by 11 or 11:30. My boys will sometimes complain about meeting princesses or Enchanted Tales with Belle, but in general all ages in our group love Fantasyland. I don't think your 7 year old will be bored at all. Have fun!

texas211
08-01-2017, 08:03 PM
When they get cranky, a little children's benadryl goes a long ways :) Yes, world's best Uncle right here.

Cinderelley
08-02-2017, 06:59 PM
Yes, world's best Uncle right here.

Lol. Yes you are.

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to be sure to keep everything realistic.

ANG
08-06-2017, 10:50 AM
We've got 4 under age 9 and we usually do rope drop two different days at MK. One morning is all about Fantasyland and the other is usually Adventureland is the first stop. I've got all boys and my 6 yr old may complain about the princesses and younger stuff but he's certainly not bored to death. Also it helps we make sure they are part of the planning and get to do what they want at some point that day (endure Pooh for Splash M later, etc). Doing "little kid" things in the AM is best for us, as the baby and toddler will nap in the stroller after lunch while DH and I tag team the older ones for more thrill rides. We've never needed the rider switch.

Cinderelley
08-08-2017, 01:32 AM
4 under the age of 9. How are you still sane?

texas211
08-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Yeah, I dunno. My buddy brings his 5 little girls to disney. Its like a mortgage to take them to Disney.

ANG
08-08-2017, 10:34 AM

It takes A LOT of planning and flexibility. Our oldest and 3rd born are both on the Autism spectrum. Disney is so accommodating for them. Plus I plan most of it before we even get there so most of it is go with the flow once we arrive.