PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP questions

mgmnut
07-28-2017, 08:12 AM
We are traveling to SSR Sun 9/10 - Sun 9/17. This trip is a bit different from our normal trips. Our twins will be turning 20 during our trip on 9/13, I only booked this 55 days out when all other trips have been booked 6 months +, Both kids are employed full time now and will not be coming down until late Tues night 9/12, giving DW and Myself our first ever alone time in the world (Food and Wine Strolling), and the kids will only have 4 full days due to travel, normally 7+ days and sometimes add in a couple onsite Universal nights.

I am thinking our travel week is a good one crowd wise and with EMH and getting to parks at rope drop we should have no problem getting to see what we want to see.

I am also kicking around the idea of getting tickets to MNSSHP for more park time together. I am just wondering if this is geared more towards younger kids?

Those that have gone without small children, do you feel it was worth the price of the additional tickets, are the crowds or experiences equivalent to EMH which occurs just the night before on our trip, are they relatively low or is it a zoo?

My goal is to simply make up for the lost days with the kids and thought a late night at MK might be the way to go.

Will this event sell out or can I still get tickets if we decide to go after we check in?

disneycutie165
07-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Well I am still my parents "child" (living at home but 22) and when I was 20 we went. I still greatly enjoy it, because it's different. Characters are out that are not usually out, there are new experiences, etc. However, as a complete disclaimer, it can be very, very crowded and it is a hobby for people to stake their spot for the parade like it's their job. So if you want to enjoy the park but also see the parade without having to sit and wait for a long amount of time to see the parade, good luck. I think it's totally worth it, but it can be a pain dealing with the crowds who must hold their spots (which is most of them).

Zippy 1
07-28-2017, 11:05 AM
My DD is 23 and went twice last year! She loved it. Character meet n greets with characters you do not normally see, trick or treating down main street, the parade(you can get a place to watch back by Splash Mountain and it is not as crowded) and the fireworks. She stayed from the 4pm park entry to the very end. So worth the money in her eyes and mine too. It should not sell out as it is still early. Usually the party does not sell out until closer to Halloween

Cinderelley
07-28-2017, 01:16 PM
I do it with all adults. We have a blast. It can be crowded, but the herd definitely thins out as it gets later, especially after the fireworks/parade.

joonyer
07-28-2017, 02:07 PM
In September, you should still be able to get tickets the day of.

Disney Doll
08-01-2017, 02:02 PM
We love MNSSHP and I think it is probably more bang for your buck with older kids. Lots of families with young children leave after the first parade and crowd levels later in the evening start to thin out making it easy to do a lot of things without much wait. We see plenty of adults dressed up and I think dressing up adds to the fun.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-06-2017, 10:47 PM
MNSSHP is great! Low ride times, the best fireworks we've ever seen (even better than Christmas IMHO), the late parade is much less busy, fun trick or treating and great character interaction! We have been with only adults for many visits and have loved it every time.

Another thought is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights if you have never been before. The haunted houses are so detailed to the point that some people are very scared. We are good because it is a constant stream of people and there's always one laughing- which breaks the ice!! The Bill & Ted's show is hilarious with it's takes on pop culture and current events over the past year.

Happy Birthday to your twins on the 13th! I will be in WDW for my 40th on the 14th!! Have fun celebrating!!

motherhamv
08-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Have you thought about Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package? I have been seeing this a lot in my research. Not something for our trip this time, but it does sound interesting.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/happy-hallowishes-dessert-package/

Cinderelley
08-08-2017, 01:44 AM
MNSSHP is great! Low ride times, the best fireworks we've ever seen (even better than Christmas IMHO), the late parade is much less busy, fun trick or treating and great character interaction! We have been with only adults for many visits and have loved it every time.

Another thought is Universal's Halloween Horror Nights if you have never been before. The haunted houses are so detailed to the point that some people are very scared. We are good because it is a constant stream of people and there's always one laughing- which breaks the ice!! The Bill & Ted's show is hilarious with it's takes on pop culture and current events over the past year.

Happy Birthday to your twins on the 13th! I will be in WDW for my 40th on the 14th!! Have fun celebrating!!

Do you think this would be good to take my oldest DS and his gf? I was ruling it out, because she couldn't fit into the rides at Universal in California. Is there a size restriction on the things you do at the Halloween Horror Nights?