PDA

View Full Version : Pandora/Avatar Attraction - How long will it take before you see it?

DisneyEpcotDad
07-27-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing that I will not be able to do the Pandora attraction until next year unless I visit Disney every month (which I can't afford to do). How long do you think it will take you to see the Pandora attraction in MK?

mgmnut
07-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Hopefully gonna ride FOP at AK in 45 days! couldn't get a Fastpass but will get there for Rope Drop!

texas211
07-28-2017, 12:13 PM
When star wars land opens and pulls everyone to that hot mess.

#1donaldfan
07-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Like mentioned ... if you rope drop the park you will be able to ride pretty quickly ... we did that in June

azcavalier
07-31-2017, 01:52 PM
40 days. We plan to do a rope drop one day, and have fast passes for another day.

angela2679
07-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Hopefully in 118 days if we can get fast passes, if not, we'll attempt the rope drop!

Giggy
08-03-2017, 07:10 PM
We have Fastpasses for River Journey, with Flights of Passage we accepted that FP was unlikely to happen so we are going to try our luck with standby and hope crowds are kinder at the start of September!

1DisneyNut
08-03-2017, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't waste a fastpass on river journey. Give it a year for everyone to have ridden it once and it will be a 10 minute walk on ride.

joanna71985
08-03-2017, 10:51 PM
I rode the day before it opened, and didn't even wait an hour the second time I rode (first time I walked on)

Giggy
08-05-2017, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't waste a fastpass on river journey. Give it a year for everyone to have ridden it once and it will be a 10 minute walk on ride.

Our visits are pretty rare, it's been 7 years since we last went (organising for everyone to go to US at the same time now we're all grown up and working is tricky!) so this August/September could be our only chance for a while!

Its wait time is listed as 65 minutes on the Disney World app at the moment (joint 2nd with Everest, after FOP) so it probably deserves the FP for us right now, especially as it is brand new for us! :mickey:

Zawadi
08-06-2017, 04:45 AM
It's 4 years since our last visit. For UK guests it's becoming a lot more difficult / expensive for return visits and when we do make it to WDW need to make the most of our time there. I completely agree with Giggy in that a FP for River Journey at the moment is well worth it, due to the new / curiosity factor. Next year may be another story. We've got a FP for River Journey for Day 1 of our visit in September. We're there for 14 days, staying on site, and have managed to secure 5 FPs for FOP during the latter half of our stay. Will definitely be spending the time we will save out of the standby lines exploring other attractions, as we don't know when we'll be going back.

G8RFAN
08-07-2017, 10:40 AM
We rode it this past Saturday evening. We were told that the wait times were better late night during extra magic hours, so we planned on doing everything else during the day and then crossing our fingers after dark. The ride was consistently 210 minutes and we decided to hop in line at 9:30pm anyway as they said it might get worse right before the normal closing hour. About 60 minutes into the wait they kept saying that the ride was experiencing limited capacity and I was afraid the wait would extend beyond 210. We actually waited for just under two hours I think because people were leaving because of the ominous message. The ride was far better than everyone in our group's expectations. We were tempted to wait in line for a second ride with the wait time posted at now 110 minutes but we decided next time.

disneycutie165
08-09-2017, 11:17 AM
We just got back and a couple we spoke to waited 5 hours for Flight of Passage, and that was at rope drop. It probably just depends on the day. It's difficult to project how a ride wait will look.

WiltonJohn
08-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Have one FP+ for about 66 days from now.

best,

.........john

Hog
08-21-2017, 05:47 PM
we are in the world now and have been on 3 times. We came with no fastpasses as none were available at the time we planned. We waited in line 2 times the first the posted wait time was 110 min, we waited 65. The second time was posted as 130 min, we waited 110. We are on a bus now as I write this on our way to ride it for a 4th time. The 3rd/4th times we rode we got fastpasses by checking in the middle of the day the day of and got fast passes both times, i couldn't believe it!! Its the most amazing ride i have ever been on and i have rode a ton of roller coasters and thrill rides....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Roger's #1 Fan
08-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Watching the pattern of the wait times, we went during the later afternoon without a FP and only waited about 90 minutes for the ride. Rope drop is a bad plan because everyone is trying to go at that time. Once the morning rush is over, there is a lull every afternoon.
I will say, however, that it is definitely worth waiting for and the queue is interesting enough to help pass the time. The lab is AWESOME.

KAJUNKING
08-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Rode it twice 3 weeks ago and Flight of Passage is easily the best theme park attraction I have ever been on. We rope dropped for our first ride and waited 2 hours, I would recommend getting there about an hour before park opening, with that being said it was worth the time I waited....

Giggy
09-10-2017, 07:23 PM
We rode both Avatar rides in the last couple of weeks.

We arrived at Animal Kingdom a little late, maybe about 9:30? The line for Flight of Passage was about 2 hours already, on a not particularly busy day. We instead went to do Kilimanjaro Safari first (which was almost a walk on) and kept an eye on wait times. After riding Everest in early afternoon the time said 90 minutes for FOP and we decided that was as good as it would get so we got in line (by the time we got there it said 105 minutes but the wait was about 90), longest wait we were willing to do all vacation but it was an excellent ride, really enjoyed it.

River Journey we had two Fastpasses for which was a wise investment. Wait times seemed to go up to 45-60, maybe 70 minutes when we checked the app. It was another great ride, brilliant theming and we all agreed we liked it more on the second ride as we noticed things we missed the first time. :mickey: