PDA

View Full Version : Mickeys not so scary Halloween party? Anyone go more than once a year?

Tiggerlovr9000
07-26-2017, 11:59 PM
I could use any tips from experienced party goers. Thanks in advance.

Cinderelley
07-27-2017, 07:27 AM
It has been several years since I went (due to health problems), but I would always go at least twice. (My trips were generally at least 9 days long.) It is actually one of my favorite things to do at Disney World. :)
One night, we would concentrate on rides. The other night, we would do other things such as photo ops or meeting characters. We always staked a spot out early for the parade and fireworks (preferring the spot right in front of the popcorn stand where main street starts to curve into the circle in front of the castle. I am short, so standing right at the front of the curb ensured that no one would be in front of me to block my view and my photos of the fireworks had the castle centered well. Due to the lighting for the parade, it was tricky to get good photos of the parade there though.

What are you looking to do?

Tiggerlovr9000
07-27-2017, 12:07 PM
It has been several years since I went (due to health problems), but I would always go at least twice. (My trips were generally at least 9 days long.) It is actually one of my favorite things to do at Disney World. :)
One night, we would concentrate on rides. The other night, we would do other things such as photo ops or meeting characters. We always staked a spot out early for the parade and fireworks (preferring the spot right in front of the popcorn stand where main street starts to curve into the circle in front of the castle. I am short, so standing right at the front of the curb ensured that no one would be in front of me to block my view and my photos of the fireworks had the castle centered well. Due to the lighting for the parade, it was tricky to get good photos of the parade there though.

What are you looking to do?

I am looking to mostly skip the rides and do parade etc., but I read we shouldn't miss the haunted mansion because it is extra special that night.

Cinderelley
07-28-2017, 01:19 AM
They have some great photo ops around the haunted mansion. I really loved the one with the hearse. One year on the pathway from haunted mansion to fantasyland, you could get your picture taken in front of Cinderella's carriage. There was also a photo op with Captain Jack Sparrow in Adventureland that had great props in the line.

Cinderelley
07-28-2017, 01:14 PM
The villains come out in front of the castle after their show. There were dance parties in tomorrowland and fantasyland. Don't forget to trick or treat also.

hauntedmansiongirl
07-29-2017, 10:35 PM
This is our favourite thing to do too! We're going twice this year! The parade, fireworks, haunted Mansion, trick or treating & character dance parties are not to be missed!!!

joonyer
07-31-2017, 11:02 AM
We haven't done the Party twice in one year, but we have been several different years. Don't miss the parade, its the best MK parade of all, and the Fireworks are also the best show of the year. When our boys were younger we got tons of candy trick or treating, which they thought was great. Lot's of Characters around for autographs and pictures, so much to do. You can't do it all, so if you are going twice, you may be able to fit it all in.