PDA

View Full Version : Episode 100 - The D23 Extravaganza

John
07-23-2017, 10:20 PM
The Cast: Carolyn Pongracz, Justin McCarthy, Cindy Jachrimo, Jason Kauffman & John Yaglenski*- It's episode 100 and D23 had major announcements

- Tron Attraction coming to Magic Kingdom
- Speedway is Staying
- New Theater and Main Street USA Expansion
- Curtain Call for the Great Movie Ride, New Attraction in Chinese Theater
- Toy Story Land Opening Date
- Star Wars Land, Sponsored by Samsung?
- Star Wars Hotel is coming, must be booked like a cruise
- 15th DVC Resort, being built on current Caribbean Beach Resort land
- The Gondolas are confirmed, will be called the Skyliner
- Minnie Vans are coming
- Ratatouille is coming to Epcot
- China getting first ever seamless 360 film
- Mission: Space is getting 2 separate missions and a immersive restaurant
- Most new attractions opening 2021, why is it taking so long?
- Ellen is out, Guardians of the Galaxy is In
- What does the new Epcot Concept art mean?
- Thrills Rides vs Dark Rides, is there a good mix?
- Mobile Ordering has expanded
- The Shaman was in the Garage
- Pixar Pier is coming, Pixar Fest too
- Paint the Night is staying at Disneyland Resort
- New Halloween in CarsLand
- More Nostalgia for Fans of Disney Park Heritage
- Disney Cruise Line is Expanding to 7 Ships
- Re-Imagined Disneyland Paris Hotel
- The Return of Take it Or Leave It
- ICOT20, join the Roll Call

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey's
The Official Ticket Center

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, SHARE! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2017/episode-100.asp)

or grab it on iTunes, Android Play or your favorite podcast app!

Mendelson
07-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Congrats on 100 episodes!!

Can't believe I've likely listened to nearly all of them. There's about 150 hours of my life I won't get back. :D

BrerGnat
07-25-2017, 05:10 PM
Quick note (just about 15 minutes into the podcast...will finish later today)...there IS a rollercoaster that uses the straddle style seating and the "pony" theme in existence at Knott's Berry Farm! It's called the Pony Express. It's been there for a long time. Although, it doesn't go quite as fast as Tron at only about 35mph, but it does have a launch at the beginning. Just wanted to let you know that IS a "thing" that exists.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John
07-26-2017, 10:53 AM
Quick note (just about 15 minutes into the podcast...will finish later today)...there IS a rollercoaster that uses the straddle style seating and the "pony" theme in existence at Knott's Berry Farm! It's called the Pony Express. It's been there for a long time. Although, it doesn't go quite as fast as Tron at only about 35mph, but it does have a launch at the beginning. Just wanted to let you know that IS a "thing" that exists.

Thanks - knew they were out there mostly in Europe but forgot about Knotts Berry Farm!

Bass T-bone
07-26-2017, 02:38 PM
I agree with John, Edu-tainment is dead... and that makes me sad...
I loved the original EPCOT... it was like a Worlds Fair!

Maybe it was too hard to keep it 'current'?

TikiLounger
07-27-2017, 08:40 AM
100! Congrats! I'm excited about most of the changes but I, too, am sad about Epcot and the death of Edu-tainment. Speaking of that...there was some discussion about a couple of books that two of the podcasters are reading (sorry, can't remember who). From what I gathered, they are books about the original concept for Epcot? I'd really love to read them, if someone can tell me the titles. If not, I can always listen to the podcast again. Just thought it would be easier to ask. Thanks!

TikiLounger
07-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Oh...and I'm excited (but not TOO excited, just yet) about the possibility that the Yeti will finally be fixed. EE is one of my all time favorites. I consider myself lucky that I got to ride back when it first opened and the Yeti was animated.

Fusillejerry
07-27-2017, 03:33 PM
100! Congrats! I'm excited about most of the changes but I, too, am sad about Epcot and the death of Edu-tainment. Speaking of that...there was some discussion about a couple of books that two of the podcasters are reading (sorry, can't remember who). From what I gathered, they are books about the original concept for Epcot? I'd really love to read them, if someone can tell me the titles. If not, I can always listen to the podcast again. Just thought it would be easier to ask. Thanks!I remember one of the books mentioned was The Progress City Primer by Michael Crawford. I read this as well and highly recommend it as it is full of some really interesting stories from Disney past, including Epcot. I can't recall the other book that was mentioned.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

BrerGnat
07-27-2017, 04:02 PM
I remember one of the books mentioned was The Progress City Primer by Michael Crawford. I read this as well and highly recommend it as it is full of some really interesting stories from Disney past, including Epcot. I can't recall the other book that was mentioned.

Sent from my XT1575 using TapatalkWalt and the Promise of Progress City. Maybe?

TikiLounger
07-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Thank you both for the book titles! Looks like I've got some reading to do!

Buttercup
07-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Thank you both for the book titles! Looks like I've got some reading to do!
I actually got the audio book for the Progress City Primer - I've been enjoying it on my nightly walks/runs. 7 hours of nothing but Disney nerd goodness!!! :mickey:

TikiLounger
07-27-2017, 08:33 PM
I actually got the audio book for the Progress City Primer - I've been enjoying it on my nightly walks/runs. 7 hours of nothing but Disney nerd goodness!!! :mickey:

Oh! Now THAT is a great idea! I've been listening to the podcasts on my runs, but I think I'll have to try and find the audio books. There's nothing better than Disney nerd goodness...for hours and hours on end!

Figment!
07-27-2017, 11:11 PM
Walt and the Promise of Progress City. Maybe?

Yes, that was the one I mentioned.:thumbsup:

mickeyman42
07-31-2017, 09:16 AM
Congrats on the 100 episodes! I've listened to each and everyone of them and enjoy every minute of it. When my wife and I started to plan our first ever trip to WDW 10 years ago with our two small kids, we stumbled across Intercot while googling WDW. Not only was all of the information available in 1 concise place, but feeling free to ask questions to people who have been there before, without the sense or fear of "asking a stupid question" that you may get from some other sites was what seperated Intercot from anywhere else. The community is what makes Intercot, Intercot. Having never been able to visit WDW as a child, I never had that personal attachment to WDW before our first vacation, it was something we were going to do once while the kids were small, check it off the list and move on. I truly believe that, while WDW is an amazing place, Intercot, and the community here, helped to foster and grow my love of Disney. It was a way to visit WDW each and everyday, to learn about some hidden gem, to help someone else plan their first visit, to just "be around" other Disney fans. I will always be grateful to Intercot for helping me see that WDW is about more than just rides, its about a way of life, a passion and that life is not about the destination, its about the journey and to stop a see the small details that everyone overlooks. Again, congrats on 100 episodes and heres to another 100 more.

brad192
08-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, it took 100 podcasts to get one, but I finally got a shoutout from Carolyn! (YES! Doing my happy dance around my living room!) :joy: But really, "little thread"? I feel slightly...emaciated.... Just kidding! :haha:

All the announcements about WDW were great, but I noticed a lack of timeline in all of them. Given Disney's track record for development, I may be a much older man before I see things like the gondola transportation system and GoG actually happen.:old:

I also agree with John that, unfortunately, edutainment is a dead beast. :mad: Too bad, Walt was really into that & it should still have a place within the Disney empire. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with Disney as a kid. I could be entertained and learn something in the process. (Knowledge sponge here.)

So, it looks like ICOT20 is shaping up to be an epic event! Just a suggestion but, maybe the next podcast or so could have a bit more info/focus on our big meet in October? Sorry, no pressure. I bet though that people (especially attendees of previous anniversary meets) would love to hear of past glories/stories, and what to expect on the upcoming fateful weekend. (Gary's column Po-Po adventure comes to mind). Finally...

Great podcast everyone! Fantastic review of D23, and all its potential benefits & fallout. Can't wait to see how it all plays out! Looking forward to the next podcast as always! :clappy:

Yungbuck73
08-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone!

Well, it took 100 podcasts to get one, but I finally got a shoutout from Carolyn! (YES! Doing my happy dance around my living room!) :joy: But really, "little thread"? I feel slightly...emaciated.... Just kidding! :haha:

All the announcements about WDW were great, but I noticed a lack of timeline in all of them. Given Disney's track record for development, I may be a much older man before I see things like the gondola transportation system and GoG actually happen.:old:

I also agree with John that, unfortunately, edutainment is a dead beast. :mad: Too bad, Walt was really into that & it should still have a place within the Disney empire. It's one of the reasons I fell in love with Disney as a kid. I could be entertained and learn something in the process. (Knowledge sponge here.)

So, it looks like ICOT20 is shaping up to be an epic event! Just a suggestion but, maybe the next podcast or so could have a bit more info/focus on our big meet in October? Sorry, no pressure. I bet though that people (especially attendees of previous anniversary meets) would love to hear of past glories/stories, and what to expect on the upcoming fateful weekend. (Gary's column Po-Po adventure comes to mind). Finally...

Great podcast everyone! Fantastic review of D23, and all its potential benefits & fallout. Can't wait to see how it all plays out! Looking forward to the next podcast as always! :clappy:

We def will have a podcast with a whole segment if not the whole podcast dedicated to the ICOT 20 meets. It is going to be an EPIC weekend. Don't plan on getting much sleep because when INTERCOT takes over WDW, We take it over, HARD!!!!@!!

brad192
08-12-2017, 03:01 PM
We def will have a podcast with a whole segment if not the whole podcast dedicated to the ICOT 20 meets. It is going to be an EPIC weekend. Don't plan on getting much sleep because when INTERCOT takes over WDW, We take it over, HARD!!!!@!!

Except for Gary's Column. I vaguely remember something about an incident there at ICOT15...

Ian
08-12-2017, 04:10 PM
This picture isn't blurry ... I had my camera set to "Reality" mode lol

Yungbuck73
08-12-2017, 09:39 PM
this picture isn't blurry ... I had my camera set to "reality" mode lol

oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!