PDA

View Full Version : Mission: Space Re-Opening Delay?

Figment!
07-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Conflicting information has recently begun to develop regarding the re-opening of the Mission: Space attraction.

While recent Epcot Cast reports indicate that preparations are internally underway for the announced August 1st re-opening, the Official Operational Calendar has been updated to show an October 1st re-opening.

The official notice for Guests remains, "Mission: SPACE is closed for refurbishment and is expected to reopen in late summer 2017."

It has yet to be confirmed if the update to the Operational Calendar is an error or if there is a developing change with the refurbishment.

VWL Mom
07-18-2017, 06:48 AM
Interesting, two weeks before your scheduled to reopen you delay another 2 months??

JanetMegan
07-18-2017, 10:03 AM
It was not available for FP for the week of Sept. 11th (hubby is disappointed, it's a favorite for him-even after riding it ten times lol!)

Figment!
07-18-2017, 10:04 PM
The Public Operational calendar has remained to show an October 1st re-opening and Guests are reporting FastPass+ unavailability in Mid-September; however, Disney made an announcement today confirming an August re-opening date:

... in just a few weeks, guests will be able to enjoy new adventures at Mission: SPACE – an updated Orange Mission and a brand-new Green Mission. (Orange is the more intense training experience, while Green is less intense).

The updated Orange Mission will make an even more visually stunning trip to Mars, while the all-new Green adventure will allow guests to blast off for an orbital adventure around planet Earth.

:shrug:

JanetMegan
07-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Yeah! Thank you Jason!

Buttercup
07-20-2017, 09:56 AM
I keep seeing an ad pop up on Facebook & Twitter from the actual Disney accounts, and they say
"In just a few weeks, guests will be able to enjoy new adventures at Mission:SPACE" and there's a link to the blog.
When you click the link, the blog is dated July 18, 2017 (so only a couple days old) and it says "New Adventures Begin at Mission: SPACE in August at Epcot". No official date, but they're still saying August!

Edit: oh it looks like Jason posted basically the same thing above! I'm hoping it's ready to go in August when I'm there next!!!

Buttercup
07-27-2017, 07:40 PM
August 13th! They officially announced it. :mickey: