PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hat

andypooh
07-17-2017, 12:56 PM
So I went to WDW to celebrate my fortieth birthday six years ago. I had a hat I really liked. It was orange and brown and had the well-known quote "por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas" written on it. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove the hat when I went on Splash Mountain and it was lost forever :mad: I have made some effort over the years to find another one but have been unsuccessful. I think my wife got it at a WDW outlet store. Can anyone help me find a new one? Thanks.

texas211
07-17-2017, 09:54 PM
saw a similar one on ebay. Probably our best bet to keep tracking.

mgmnut
07-18-2017, 09:58 AM
I think I know exactly what hat you are talking about.

I had the same thing happen to me. I bought a fitted Rock n Roller Coaster hat I really liked and it was my staple hat for a couple of years, by then it was all worn and faded and fit awesome. When we were visiting another Amusement Park my hat flew off on a roller coaster, never to be seen again. When we finally went back to WDW they no longer had my hat for sale. I searched online off and on for 2 years for that hat and could not find it.

A couple years later we took another trip to WDW, this trip when we got off RNRC there was my hat, back on the shelf, for sale once again.

Merchandise seem to come back around sometimes, maybe you will see it for sale again in the future.

Giggy
07-18-2017, 07:17 PM
A couple years later we took another trip to WDW, this trip when we got off RNRC there was my hat, back on the shelf, for sale once again.

For a second I thought you meant your actual hat that had flown off on the rollercoaster! I was impressed with the lengths they went to just to get it back but thought they should at least offer you a discount. ;)

Cinderelley
08-12-2017, 04:01 AM
For a second I thought you meant your actual hat that had flown off on the rollercoaster! I was impressed with the lengths they went to just to get it back but thought they should at least offer you a discount. ;)

Lol. I could see how you could interpret it that way. Isn't there a place where they sale the stuff that isn't claimed from lost and found?

mgmnut
08-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Lol, Yes we found your hat, but it's gonna cost you if you ever want it back!

Speedy1998
08-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Lol. I could see how you could interpret it that way. Isn't there a place where they sale the stuff that isn't claimed from lost and found?

I am not sure about a store, but I have heard that Disney eventually donates the items that were lost , (or left on purpose). I hear they give thousands of umbrella strollers to charity every year.

texas211
08-14-2017, 08:14 PM
I am not sure about a store, but I have heard that Disney eventually donates the items that were lost , (or left on purpose). I hear they give thousands of umbrella strollers to charity every year.

They seem to be like fruit cakes. Just keep getting passed around.