PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Disney Traditions?

disneycutie165
07-10-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm curious, what do y'all do in the coming weeks to help you get through the work weeks until your Disney vacation?

My mom and I watch classic Disney movies (really only the ones that truly make us think about Disney, like Peter Pan and Toy Story), watch Youtube videos, and look at our old Disney scrapbooks. Recently, we keep up with the Shop Parks app and make a little "wish list".

And of course I keep Intercot up on my browser all through the work day and visit it when I need to take a little escape break :mickey:

19 days!!! :balloon:

TheVBs
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Look at photos from past trips! I've already started and we're not going until next August.

texas211
07-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Lots of youtube videos. Especially listening to music. We watch various Disney documentaries.

Cinderelley
07-11-2017, 06:40 AM
I am so excited for you. Work is dragging for me right now, but I happened to walk by a police officer's desk and "A Whole New World" was playing. I kinda giggled thinking of this big burly police officer being a cuddly Disney fan.

When it gets really bad, I think "this hour at work is paying for x at Disney" (say a tshirt for my son or a meal that I know I will enjoy). Then I may day dream about that meal or imagine what kind of star wars tshirt I would pick out.

If it's a horrible week, I'll buy a lottery ticket and then imagine what I would do if I won the money. No, I don't really think I would win, but I get to imagine what my dream Disney trip would be, and it only costs me a dollar. :)

baldburke
07-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Our kids always make some sort of countdown calendar. One year it was a construction paper chain that they would tear off links. Another year it was Mickey heads on popsicle sticks that they would pull out of a jar. And one year it was a straight up calendar where you crossed of the days.