PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Trip

gigi
07-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Myself, husband and two twenty something kids may make a last minute trip to Disney August 16-22. We have not been to Disney since the magic bands and preplanning of fast passes began. My question is will all the fast passes for the major attractions be gone? Will we have a hard time booking a room so last minute? We usually plan 9-12 months in advance, have never planned so late. Our other option would be to go in early January while they are still on break from college.

Any input would be helpful!

Zippy 1
07-09-2017, 09:02 PM
I am sure one of the resorts will have availability. Fast passes may present a problem. Many of the popular rides fill up quickly. BUt if you check daily and are willing to play around with your schedule you may get those last minute passes. We check daily to see if something we want has opened up for the following day

disneycutie165
07-10-2017, 09:51 AM
I don't think fast passes would be a problem, after we use our preselected three we are always able to get three more during that day. Even if you can't book the fast passes you want before your trip, usually some will pop up that day. So you will probably need to be flexible!

We just changed our room last week and we are leaving July 29th and had no problems getting a room. I can't say for sure if that had anything to do with the fact that we already had a trip booked, but it's definitely worth a shot!

texas211
07-10-2017, 06:49 PM
We keep playing the FP+ game up to the day of, changing them all around as new times or options become available.

Cinderelley
07-11-2017, 06:48 AM
We keep playing the FP+ game up to the day of, changing them all around as new times or options become available.

Do you find this to be time consuming? I would get frustrated if I had to be on my phone all the time at Disney.

Hog
07-11-2017, 09:44 AM
We just booked last night for almost the same exact dates. We are going August 16th - 23rd. We originally got plane tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando for $200 total round trip for the 3 of us. We where just going to go down and drive to Clearwater and shop at the Orlando outlets. Then we got a unique offer code in the mail and we got a big discount for POP, that all but made up our minds. We looked at the crowd calendar from last year and it seems to be pretty low. We are Disney vets and aren't too worried about getting fast passes to top attractions. The only must dowe have is Pandora so we will wait in those lines if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

texas211
07-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Do you find this to be time consuming? I would get frustrated if I had to be on my phone all the time at Disney.

No, at some point I draw a line in the sand with what I'm happy with some I may plan around the FP and complete the mission, I mean trip.

Cinderelley
07-12-2017, 05:07 PM
No, at some point I draw a line in the sand with what I'm happy with some I may plan around the FP and complete the mission, I mean trip.

Lol.