PDA

View Full Version : 1st visit button

Dreamin' of Disney
07-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Hello,

This coming December will be my DS first ever trip to WDW. I'm currently working on creating a package with various things (magic band, ears, t-shirt, autograph books/pens, etc...). My plan is to create a letter from 'Mickey' and send this to him as a surprise as we get closer to our trip date. Can anyone tell me if Disney will send out 1st visit buttons, or do I have to wait until go to pick one up?

I'd also welcome any other ideas for what I can include in this package, or what neat ideas people used for autographs. My DS will be just about 2 years old when we go.

I've never done Disney with a toddler!

texas211
07-06-2017, 04:41 PM
I don't know if you can get them from disney, but you can buy them on ebay for pretty cheap.

bleen3162
07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
I don"t know if you can have pins sent to you but when you first arrive at your resort go to check in desk, they will ask you what special occasion will be happening during your visit. you can request any appropriate pins for the occasion. I suggest you get both first time pin and birthday pin. Cast members tend to respond to the birthday pin more than the other pins.

kathleen.talamantes.7
07-06-2017, 07:33 PM
When we took our kids the first time they received a call from Minnie Mouse welcoming them to Disney. It was part of our package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kairi_7378
07-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Maybe a small plush Disney friend that he can take on the trip? Maybe a paper chain that can be used to count down the days until the trip?

We took my son on his first trip when he was 3 and we made sure to include a few "special" snacks in our park bags that we didn't normally eat at home. (ie, Teddy Grahams instead of Goldfish, special cereal, his favorite snack bars, etc.) For some reason, the food helped sell the "this is a special trip" message more than, say, the giant castle.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2017, 09:24 PM
I'll be at Disney in August, and I know a number of intercotees will be there over the summer. I'd be happy to grab some buttons and mail one your way!

disneycutie165
07-07-2017, 10:01 AM
There are a lot of people on Etsy that custom make Disney buttons, it might be cool to see if maybe they have a generic first visit or maybe something a little different. You could do an Elf on the Shelf type thing with a Mickey with a countdown! Disney movie marathons are also fun to do - I'm 22 now and my mom and I still do this every time we hit the month countdown.

Disney4us2
07-07-2017, 10:50 AM
I live near by.. There once or twice a week. If you pm me your address I will send you a button.