PDA

View Full Version : Pets and Fourth of July

NewDVCowner
07-03-2017, 11:20 AM
While Independence Day usually makes for a fun and carefree day for people, it’s often a dangerous time for our four-legged companions. Fireworks exploding in the air are a particularly scary and confusing experience for animals. Keep them secure inside in a quiet environment with plenty of water. Additionally, playing some calming music or having the white noice of a fan to distract them from the booming noise outside can be an easy way to alleviate some of their anxiety.

Make sure your pets are wearing a coller and a tag but remember that they can pull out of their coller. It's a good idea to have your pet microchipped and make sure to register their microchip so if your pet does get lost you can be tracked down.

Some dogs respond well to thundershirts that can be purchased at a pet store (though mine do not) and a vet can prescribe a sedative if your dog gets paticularly stressed.

Mendelson
07-03-2017, 11:23 AM
My dog actually has his own emotional support dog to help him deal with fireworks. I have a vest to prove it and everything.

Disney4us2
07-03-2017, 01:07 PM
My Ginger must be the odd dog out. Fireworks and thunder don't bother her. She just barks at the noise. The only thing that bothers her are house flies. If one get in the house, she shakes in fear.