PDA

View Full Version : WDW Begining of March

BuddyL4
07-01-2017, 07:52 AM
Howdy everyone. We have never tried to go to WDW this time of year (beginning of March). Our trips have always been Summer-Fall due to work. Well the kids are all grown now and we have 2 grandkids so we thought we would try a trip late winter/early spring. Any thoughts on what we can expect? Thanks everyone in advance :thumbsup:

faline
07-01-2017, 10:34 AM
You might find it pleasantly uncrowded or unpleasantly crowded depending on which schools are on school break during your chosen week and how many of those folks have opted to use their break time for a Disney vacation. Temperatures are usually mild though nights might be on the cool side.

BuddyL4
07-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Hi Faline, great to hear from you. I believe we met at the top of bay lake tower 2013. I am aiming for the 1st week March in a attempt to steer away from the Easter/spring break crowd. Thanks.

PirateLover
07-02-2017, 10:15 PM
You might find it pleasantly uncrowded or unpleasantly crowded depending on which schools are on school break during your chosen week and how many of those folks have opted to use their break time for a Disney vacation. Temperatures are usually mild though nights might be on the cool side.

We went that exact week this year. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely more crowded than we expected. Another monkey wrench- cheer competitions seem to happen year round anymore. There was a rather big one This time around every group we ran into was very pleasant, but they definitely added to the crowds. Also, more schools are taking non-traditional spring breaks, so there probably will be some on break the 1st week of March. Still, the weather was nice, and overall it was a good time to go.

The least crowded week I have every personally experienced was January, the week immediately following Marathon weekend.

BuddyL4
07-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Thanks PirateLover for the post. Most of our trips have been around 1st of September but with my son's job we have to try late winter early spring. Since we drive down from Niagara Falls and have to head over the mountains I hope to avoid any winter storms. Heck we live in western New York so snow is only a slight nuisance :D . As long as I am with the grandkids we'll make it work :thumbsup: